Chapter 5

All through that night, Peter lay on the bed - all of his fears swarming like bees, inside his stomach. And they kept stinging him, attacking him... depriving him of his sleep.

What would Hydra do to him?, he thought. Would they continue to run tests on him, just as Vyde had done? Or would they do something else, something he was yet to comprehend?

Finally, when his eyes could no longer stay open, he fell asleep.

F
    a
       l
        l
          i
            n
               g

into an endless nightmare. One where every turn he took led him straight back to the warehouse.

He squirmed in his sleep, punching and kicking out at his duvet. But he couldn't wake up; his fatigue had overcome him.

He was stuck there.

———————————

Tony was wide awake thinking about Peter. He had tried tinkering with his suit - but even that had left the man reminiscing about the times when the kid had helped him.

Bruce entered the Lab, two mugs of cocoa in his hands. If there was anything he was good at it was helping to calm people's nerves.

"Hey, Tony, I brought you something to drink."

He passed him one of the mugs: a blue one which read Stark Industries. Then he sat down, sipping from the other.

"Thanks, Bruce, but really you should go to bed."

"Tony, you're the one who's in a state. You're the one who should be resting," Bruce admitted.

Tony put the mug of cocoa down, glaring at his friend: "I'm not resting till I find Peter, and there's nothing you can do to make me."

Bruce suddenly injected Tony with anaesthetics, catching the man with surprise.

"I'm sorry, Tony, but it was the only way. You have to sleep."

Bruce vacated the room, leaving a sleeping Tony Stark sprawled our across the desk.

"Friday, turn of the lights."

"As you wish, Doctor Banner."

————Time Jump————

Peter woke up - his Spidey senses tingling. However as soon as he opened his eyes, all he could see was bright, white light, shining back down at him.

"Ah, Peter. You're finally awake. You see, I didn't want to wake you; you looked so peaceful in your slumber."

Hemming. Peter tried to sit up, but he couldn't. And after a few attempts, he had grasped the fact that he was once again tied down.

"I expect you're wondering what we're about to do to you," Hemming paused, trying to add a dramatic effect, "Aren't you just a little bit curious?"

"I don't care what you're gonna do to me, I haven't got anything left to lose," Peter snapped, his eyes shut due to the luminous torch in front of them. He could hear Hemming chuckle, and it was making him feel rather uncomfortable.

Peter could sense the light being turned off, and immediately opened his eyes - looking directly at Hemming.

"Now Peter, we need to know why you are so," Hemming searched for the words, "Spidery. Do you think you could tell us why?"

He asked it as a question, but implied it as an order.

Gulping, Peter took a deep breath, "You don't want someone else to go through with this. You won't be able to replicate my powers, it's almost impossible - just like with Hulk, and Captain, it was a miracle that I survived."

That was partly true, being Spider-Man had made life harder: however, Peter was slightly jealous. He didn't want someone else to have his powers - he was unique, it was what made him special.

"That wasn't a very informative answer, Peter."

"I got bitten by a spider, alright? A chemically altered spider that is dead, it can't be mirrored. No one else can gain the powers."

Peter refrained from using the word 'radioactive', with the slightest chance they could recreate the spider - it would be took big of a risk.

Hemming placed his hand on Peter's shoulder, "Then I guess we will just have to make you comply."

———————————

Steve strolled into Tony's lab, Nat and Clint by his side.

"Hey sleepyhead, we've got a mission," he said softly, whilst rubbing his back.

Clint had another idea: he grabbed a cup of chilled water, from the dispenser, and threw it at Tony.

Tony jumped, startled by the cold liquid which now dripped down his face, "What the fuck, Barton?"

"Language."

Tony eyed Steve, "Did you put him up to this, Soldier boy?"

Steve shook his head, trying to keep a straight face. Tony glanced across at Nat, but it wasn't worth it - she'd probably win in a fight.

"I'm up, obviously. So what's so important that you had to throw freaking water at my head?"

"Fury called, he got some intel revealing a Hydra base. He asked if we could go 'check it out.' And I said yes."

Tony wiped the water off his face, "Alright then, let's go suit up."

————————————

Peter reluctantly watched, as Hemming removed the ties on his limbs. He stood up, and waited for whatever orders Hemming would give him.

He didn't want to do it.

But he had to.

There was nothing else for him left.

Hemming dragged him into another room, instructing the teen to sit down on the singular chair in the room.

It was facing a screen, one of the biggest Peter had ever seen. And that was saying something seeing as he lived with a billionaire. Or at least he did. Before all of this had happened...

"You said comply. What do you mean comply?," Peter queried innocently. He could feel the restraints being tightened against his arms - and his Spidey Sense was going haywire.

Hemming grinned, an evil grin, "You'll just have to wait and see."

Sorry for the slightly shorter chapter, but I wanted to get something up and there isn't anything more I need to include in this one. So excited for Wednesday - when I get to wear my Spidey mask out in public. And no one can judge me :D ....... anyway please leave any suggestions or feedback as always and thanks for reading this far.