Chapter 10

Peter dragged himself out of bed, quickly searching for something new to wear. His pyjamas were soaked with sweat, but he felt as if he had been sleeping in ice for seventy years. He picked up some clothes off of the floor, and checked the time.

11:31am

He hadn't slept in that long in ages. Peter took a deep breath, remembering that the rest of his class would be downstairs. But he couldn't exactly stay up here all day, hanging around with Avengers was fun - but being alone was another story.

Peter stepped into the elevator, ruffling his hair: trying to make it somewhat presentable. As he stepped out, he noticed Bruce in one of the public labs. And as his dad seemed to be helping out with the tour, he decided to go talk to him.

Welcome Mr Parker

"Hi Friday, hi Bruce," Peter muttered, slightly out of breath. He sat himself down, on a red stool beside Bruce.

Bruce placed down his cup of herbal tea on the table, "Hey, Peter, how are you feeling? Tony told me you were 'experimenting' with your powers."

Peter quickly smirked, hiding it almost straight away, "I'm feeling okay, and yeah I wanted to test my inner spider."

Bruce softly chuckled, "Want to see what I'm working on?"

Brightening up at the request, Peter smiled, "Yeah!"

* * *

Tony stood at the front of the crowd of students, why had he agreed to this? Half of the students seemed to be in a daze, at the sight of seeing him, he presumed. And the other half were paying no attention him.

"Alright then, how about we move onto AI? Anyone here know what it stands for?"

"Artificial Intelligence," answered a dark haired boy.

"Correct..."

"Flash Thompson."

"Well then, who here would like to see how my personal AI works?"

Tony couldn't really make out what the kids had said from the murmur, but he assumed they said yes.

"Friday, turn on the welcome protocol."

Doing it now, Sir.

"Now this protocol uses the microchips inside of your badges. This means that whenever you walk into a room, Friday here will welcome you. Anyone want to test this out?"

Nearly everyone raised their hands, so Tony told them to form a line outside of the door. One by one they all walked in, Friday saying the same message - the only change being their name.

Welcome Flash Thompson, Level Z Clearance.

Friday announced, as the final student walked into the room. Tony beamed, impressed with his AI: glad that the majority of the class were also in awe.

However, Flash wasn't the last person to be welcomed by the AI.

Welcome back, Peter, Level A Clearance.

Peter walked in through through the room, helping Bruce to carry a pile of research. Then as he noticed both his dad, and the class, he stood still in shock.

Welcome back, Dr Banner, Level B Clearance.

Tony didn't say anything, but Peter could hear whispers from his classmates.

"What's Parker doing here?"

"Does Hulk really have a lower clearance than Peter Parker?"

"Is that the Hulk? The Incredible Hulk?"

Bruce waved, almost dropping a stack of books, "Uh, hi, I'm Dr Banner."

Peter stood there, awkwardly twiddling his thumbs - hoping either his dad or Bruce would get him out of this one.

"And I'm guessing you all know Peter," Tony remarked, sounding ready to embarrass his son at any moment.

Peter could feel his face turning red, all of his blood rushing to his cheeks. He could see Flash glaring at him - ready to pounce on his prey, when he had the chance. And he could see Ned and MJ; Ned was trying overly to get Tony's attention.

"Hi," Peter piped, nervously, waving slowly at his peers. He didn't know what was happening, but he didn't want to go. He wanted to stay out, and prove to everyone that he was worthy of being an intern here.

Tony put his arm around Peter, dragging him up onto the platform, with him. Then he tapped the mic, coughing after hitting it three times.

"Okay, so this is my personal intern Peter Parker, one of the brightest minds I know. Other than me of course."

A few people chuckled, however Flash wasn't one of them. The bully was still sending death threats Peter's way

"He helps me work on my suits, AI and is exceptional at every kind of calculation: be it maths, or science related. Do you want to say anything else about your work here, Pete?" Tony asked, and in all fairness it probably was just a normal question. But Peter took it the wrong way, thinking it was an order.

"Uhh," he stammered, forming a sentence in his head, "Sure thing, Dad."

The words kind of
slipped out of his mouth,
leaving the listening crowd, speechless.

Did he just call the Tony Stark dad?

Peter Parker? Peter Stark? Peter Starker?

What the heck, dude?

Peter could only imagine what was going through their thoughts, as he was whisked out of the room by Tony: leaving Bruce to finish the tour.

"I'm so sorry, Dad. It just slipped out. I didn't mean to say it in front of so many people. I'm sorry."

Peter started to panic, tears whelming in his eyes, his heart racing at a speed that could challenge a race car driver. However, what Tony did surprised him. Actually it left him dumbstruck. Confused. Relieved.

Tony embraced the teenager, kissing him on top of his knotted, brown hair, "Kid, it's fine, it was going to come out eventually. Sooner rather than later, at least."

Peter hugged his dad, tears still rolling down his face, and onto Tony's suit. But this time they were tears of joy.

* * *

Thanks for reading this chapter, leaving it on a high before anything bad happens. I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry. I hope you enjoyed it, and any feedback will be highly appreciated.