Chapter 9

After Peter had explained all about Hydra, and getting rescued to Ned, their teacher had said something that caught their attention.

"So as you all know, our annual field trip is tomorrow. And due to some last minute arrangements, with help from an anonymous benefactor, we are going to Stark Tower, otherwise known as Avengers Tower!"

There was an excited murmur throughout the class, but one person who wasn't thrilled about this news was Peter.

He lived at the Tower, and going there on a field trip would just be hell. He knew very well that this 'anonymous benefactor' was his dad - and he was pretty sure that whatever excuses he came up with, he would be attending the trip.

Ned whispered into Peter's ears: "Isn't this cool? We get to tour you own home!"

For the exact reason Peter was dreading tomorrow: Ned was ecstatic. During the rest of the period, his best friend kept piling him with questions.

Do you think any of the Avengers will be there?

Who's running the tour? Is it gonna be Mr Stark himself?

Do you think we'll get to go in any of the labs?

Will we see Iron Man's suit?

"I don't know, Ned?" Peter snapped, for the millionth time that day.

He didn't understand why anyone could be so excited about this trip. Sure, it was one of the headquarters to the most successful company in the world, and it was owned by the one of richest men on Earth. But it was home to him. Plain, old home.

* * *

Flash cornered him at recess, a smirk on the bully's face. He knocked Peter's books out of his hands - then proceeded to kick them across the floor.

"You ready for everyone to find out you're a liar, Parker?"

"What are you talking about?" Peter replied, flinching when Flash took a step closer.

"We all know your internship at Stark Industries is baloney. Just admit it, Parker."

Peter said nothing, knowing the more he protested - the worse Flash would treat him.

Flash punched him on the face, causing Peter to start having a sensory overload. But there was nothing he could, he couldn't be Spider-Man here, only Peter.

"Admit it, and I'll stop."

But Peter wouldn't admit it, so he just took the blows as they came. And then kept on coming, and coming, and coming, and then didn't stop. At least not until Principle Morita appeared.

"Thompson, Parker, what is going on here?"

Flash glared at Peter, telling him that he had better agree with whatever crap he came out with, "We were just practising, for a miniature drama performance. We were going to show it at the decathlon meeting next week. I may have hit... Peter a little too hard, but he's alright. Aren't you, Pete?"

Peter just nodded his head, trying his best not to look at his principal. This happened on many occasions - and it would probably only end when one of them had left the school. Morita probably thought they were great friends, the best of them, seeing as Flash's excuses always seem to be based around that.

"Well then, let's finish this up now. If you want to practise - do it at home."

Morita walked away, leaving Peter in an unbearable proximity to Flash. Couldn't he just leave him alone for one day? One whole day?

Flash shoved Peter, a smirk on his face: "You got lucky, Parker. At least tomorrow we'll all know the truth about you and your intern," The he walked off, leaving a nervous Peter alone.

* * *

Peter sat down in the back of Happy's car, relieved to be out for the day. He began to tell Happy everything: what happened with Flash, his result on his Maths paper, the field trip.

And as usual Happy ignored him.

As Peter stepped out of the car, he said bye to Happy: before rushing up to the sleeping quarters floor of the Tower.

However, he didn't go straight to his room, he instead decided to test out his powers. And by this he meant - he wanted to see if Spider Repellent effected him. It wasn't the best idea Peter had ever had. It wasn't even a great idea.

It was the worst idea, in the history of ideas.

But Peter tried it out anyway, and what did you know: it worked. Twenty seconds after Peter had sprayed some onto his arm, he had began to feel extremely warm. He took his temperature.

104.2

That was not good. That was really not good. At least now Peter had a reason to stay off school, but how would he explain this all to his dad?

Before he had time to figure that out, Tony walked into his room: eyeing the teenager who was currently splashing his face with water.

"What you doing, kiddo?" He asked in his usual manor.

Peter panicked. What did he say? How did he say it? But he knew the truth would eventually come out, so decided not to lie.

"I sprayed myself with Spider Repellent." He stated in a nonchalant voice.

Tony looked at his son for a second, before bursting into laughter, "You did what?"

"Apparently one of the perks of my powers is that I am allergic to the same things as spiders."

Tony tried to keep a straight face, realising that the situation at hand was actually pretty serious, "Okay, okay, but why exactly did you spray yourself with something that is basically labelled: Anti Me?"

Peter kept looking at the floor, pretending that there was something really interesting there.

"Peter?"

Peter snapped his head up, panicking, "I, Uh, I'm an aspiring scientist - right? And scientists like to run tests on stuff... so I ran one on me."

Tony didn't look like he bought the excuse, however he could see how in pain his son was: "Well, I guess you won't be able to go to school tomorrow. And you'll be missing the field trip."

Tony said it as if Peter was missing out on something, but in reality Peter was glad not to go. Extremely glad.

"Okay, I'm gonna go to bed."

* * *

Thanks for three hundred reads in a week! That's incredible. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.