n i n e

"hey."

"hi."

when finn had pushed - correction, shoved - wyatt into libertys apartment and shut the door on them, things were a little awkward.

needless to say, they were both thinking about the same thing. and needless to say, they were both too big of pussies to say anything.

"what's up?" wyatt asked her, and she mentally rolled her eyes because he can clearly see that she was just watching netflix.

"nothing much," she nodded her head along. "how about you?"

"good, good."

finn was listening from the other side of the door and groaned at how stupid they sound.

"so," liberty dragged on.

"yeah," wyatt also dragged on.

they both stared at something on the ground, before liberty thought she ought to say something.

"okay," she pronounced, standing up. "this is getting ridiculous. can we just be normal with each other? if something's bugging you, tell me."

wyatt walked closer to her and frowned. "i can say the same for you."

"what do you mean?" liberty scoffed.

"you're acting awkward around me too, so obviously you have something that's bugging you."

"psh, no i don't."

"uh duh, yeah you do." he glared.

"you don't know shit, wyatt."

wyatt groaned, seeing as they weren't getting anywhere with her stubbornness.

"can we just stop being awkward and go back to how we were? can we just forgive and forget?" liberty pleaded.

"what if i don't want to go back to how we were?" he muttered quietly.

"what do you mean?" libertys heart was pounding in her chest.

"i mean, that i don't want to pretend that i don't have feelings for you anymore, because i do have feelings for you liberty. and it has been so hard to not say anything, but i didn't want to ruin a great friendship. now that this isn't the same anymore, i can't ruin it."

"wyatt,"

"so no, liberty. i don't want to forgive and forget. i want to forgive and move on to something else. it's never going to be the same anymore, and i'm sorry if that's something you don't wanna hear."

wyatt finished his 'speech' and waited for liberty to say something.

liberty didn't know what to say. she didn't know what to do, or to feel, or how to react. but when she looked wyatt in the eyes, she knew she had to say something.

"when did you know that you liked me?"

"about three months after we became friends." wyatt sighed.

"oh."

"yeah."

"what do you want me to do wyatt? why can't we go back to being best friends?" she cried out.

"i don't know, i just know that i can't act like i don't like you. because i really do."

"can we just be best friends right now? i like constant things in my life, and i'd rather everything not change over night."

"yeah," he sighed sadly, "we can just be best friends for right now."

finn left after that, thinking it was a pathetic ending, but what could he do? he already meddled once, and he knew all too well how that ended.

he just wished that they could go back to being best friends, but he knew that they couldn't.

liberty also knew that, she thought about how she'd feel too awkward to play wrestle, to wear revealing clothes, or to even cuddle. even though she wanted it, she knew it'd never be normal.

wyatt had left a couple minutes ago, and she was lying on her couch, tempted to continue watching netflix, instead of thinking about things.

she eventually chose hulu instead, flipping to keeping up with the kardashians to make herself feel better about her life.

then, her phone rang, 'abby' popping up on the screen.

"yes?" liberty answered.

"i knew it!" she squealed.

"knew what?" she questioned even though she had a good idea as to what.

"that wyatt likes you, duh!"

all rights reserved @aestheticallynotme