sixty-two [t]

friday,
september 7th, 2018

TRINITY HAYSON

10pm rolls around quicker than expected and I find myself knocking on Evan's door with Charlie by my side. It swings open seconds later and the tall boy that I used to be so familiar with greets us with a charming smile and warm hugs.

"Come in!" he ushers and we step inside of his rather large house.

Evan has moved out with Kieran (a guy from the frat they were in) about two months ago. I've never been here until now, but it looks modern and pristine.

We follow Evan to the kitchen, where everybody is scattered about whilst downing alcoholic drinks. By everybody, I mean the likes of Jack, Anthony, Ashton, Bree, Amber and of course, Shawn. I was happy to discover a few weeks ago that Bree and Ashton are back together. He was just being a dick who luckily got awarded with a second chance. My boyfriend's face instantly perks up and he steps over to kiss me.

"Hi baby," he hums, a sizeable hand at my back.

"Hey." I smile up at him before admiring his outfit. Shawn always looks good. Even in pyjamas or sweats, he manages to look unbelievably attractive. But tonight, he opted for black skinnies and a simple white long sleeve t-shirt.

"Woah, woah, woah," Anthony speaks, "you two are back together?"

"Yeah," Shawn smugly grins, a sense of pride outlining his features. I nod and shift under everybody's gaze awkwardly while Shawn stands tall, drinking in the awestricken expressions on half of the group's faces. Jack and Charlie were the only ones who knew, and I am relieved to see smiles break out on everybody else's mouths.

"Congrats," Evan chirps, patting Shawn on the shoulder before playfully nudging mine. I smile thankfully up at him and Shawn nods with a smirk, clapping his hand with Ashton who I assume he hasn't seen in ages.

We all catch up and talk for a lengthy half hour, everyone ends up taking two shots of vodka each. Eventually, it's time to head out, so we organise cabs and file out of the house. Evan locks up, hiding his key in a potted plant near the door in fear he'd lose it in his soon-to-be drunken state.

I share a cab with Shawn, Jack and Anthony, whilst Charlie, Amber, Bree, Evan and Ashton somehow fit into another, Bree uncomfortably perched on her boyfriend's lap. Once inside, Jack sits up front and informs the driver of the address for this new club. I sit squashed in the middle back seat seeing as I'm the smallest between the two muscular boys beside me. Shawn's arm drapes around my shoulder and the four of us make small talk.

"You look great," Shawn mutters quietly in my ear, kissing my temple shortly after. I offer a shy smile as I look over my outfit; a black denim skirt tightened at my waist with a thick brown belt, a pale pink laced bodysuit clad to my upper half. 

"Thank you," I reply, "You do too."

Shawn grins happily down at my, kissing top of my head before using his fingertips to lift my chin. He kisses my lips twice until Anthony groans frustratedly beside me. I giggle against Shawn's mouth as Tony starts to complain and whine.

"Tell me why I had to be stuck back here with the two lovers?"

"You're just pissed 'cause you can't get pussy like I can," Shawn shoots back at Anthony, which causes Jack to bark out a hefty laugh.

"Shawn!" I scold and he shrugs.

"Sorry, baby. You know I love you." He wears a cheesy smile as he pinches my cheek and I inevitably roll my eyes with a hidden grin.