A Walk in the Garden

The next morning, Vivian was awoken by loud screaming coming from the distance. She sat up in the guest bed, looking around. She felt a sharp pain in her thigh, she uncovered herself to find her dagger pushing in. Damn it. She thought. She always kept some weapon of sort in bed with her as a comfort item.

There was a knock on the chamber door, "You may enter." She shouted. The door opened up to Cersei. She walked over to Vivian and saw the blood.

"What happened?" Cersei asked.

Vivian responded, "I like to sleep with my weapons, they keep me safe. Though not this morning." She kept her cool and wraped up the blood with the sheets she had torn apart.

"Joffrey has told me he's letting you stay? He has taken an interest in you, you know that?"

"He has Margaery."

"I'll make a deal with you. I understand your presence here, it is for that sister of yours." Cersei offered.

"A deal, what kind?"

"That Margaery girl, I do not like her. I prefer you to marry my son, not her. Make it so Joffrey wants to marry you instead and I'll give your sister back to you."

Vivian stood up, "I require more than that, I am a princess, I deserve to be treated like one."

"You'll be treated as a queen if you do as I insist."

"My lady, with all due of respect, you know where my sister is. Why not give her to me at this moment?"

"If I had, there would be no deal." She smirked.

Vivian thought for a moment and opened her mouth, "I suppose this could be worked out. Your son here does spark my interest, though we did not get off at a... Pleasurable greeting."

"So it is a deal?"

"It is, my lady." The girl smiled. "Now I request a servant to dress me. I'd rather not use my servant as a guest in this house."

"Yes, of course." Cersei left the room. A few moments later, two women came in with clothes.

"My lady, Lady Cersei says you should wear something more suiting than your old drags you wore." One of the claimed. Vivian took note of her as the one with red hair and the other with blonde.

"That is fine, red hair." Vivian responded. "You, blonde, you have the gown now dress me." She pointed her dagger at her.

After they clothed her, she was wearing a beautiful dark dress, with white laced around the edges.

Without a thank you, Vivian left the chamber and ran through the halls. Outside a window, she saw Joffrey and some villages cheering at a fight between two guards. Vivian smirked and left the window to go outside.

Outside, she walked up to stand near Joffrey. He eyed her with a smile which turned into a scowl.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Without a reply to that, she changed the topic, "You look as fine as ever, my king." She smiled at him.

"You accuse the king and disrespect him and now you are complimenting him. Get out of my sight."

"I do not lie, your grace. Your presence is compared to some sort of angelic beauty from the gods. You are my one and only king." She turned away and left him speechless. Once inside, he followed her and stopped her.

"What are you playing at, girl?" He snapped.

Vivian only smiled, "I do not play, your grace, I do. And what I am doing does not involve your concern." Joffrey relaxed a bit.

"Join me in the garden this afternoon for a walk." He insisted.

She came in closer to his face and said, "I shall make a note of it..." She whispered: "My king." And left him to watch her walk away mannerly.

As Vivian was walking toward the garden, she was stopped by Margaery.

"What are you planning?" Margaery asked in a kind voice which Vivian loathed.

She responded, "Out of anyone, if I were to plan on something, why must I tell you?" She laughed.

"Stay away from my King, he is to be my husband, I suggest you go home and away from us all."

"As for I, I do not have a home. It was destroyed from a Lannister, which makes this my new home. I suggest you mind your own business and worry about things other than me, your grace." Vivian turned away from her.

As promised, Joffrey was already sitting on a stoned bench in the garden.

"And I though you wouldn't come." He greeted Vivian as she neared him.

She smiled, "I had some things to take care of before getting here, please excuse my tardiness."

"Normally I wouldn't but I suppose it is an exception. Do not do it again or-"

"You'll have my head, I heard it all before." They started to walk along sides with each other through the garden.

Joffrey spoke, "Why is it you do not fear me and choose to reply with arrogant answers?"

Vivian looked at him, "I do not like taking orders, a princess should not be able to take orders, they should be giving them."

"You are a princess?"

"I should be... My parents were king and queen, though they both were killed."

He didn't respond.

"Though, I still like to think I am a princess."

He replied to her, "So you were all alone?"

"Not really, I was accompanied by a stupid servant. Though I owe a lot to her as she helped raise me."

"She helped raise you into a rude and ignorant girl?" He smiled.

"At least I'm not a rude king who cuts off heads." She muttered.

"What did you say?"

"I'm sure you heard what you heard." She remembered the deal and straightened up. "Although, that rude king is a rather handsome young man I am glad to know." She gave him a smile.

Joffrey's eyes locked on her dark eyes. "Of course, flattery get's you everywhere, does it not?"

She chuckled, "Well, if it wasn't for flattery, we'd all be dead by now, my king."

After a moment of silence, Vivian thought of speeding things up. She slipped her hand into his, waiting for his response. He only stared down at her while she looked away. He accepted holding hands through the garden.

When they walked out of the garden, Margaery was peering at them from a window. Vivian looked up with a smirk, staring at her.

"I must go and prepare for dinner," Joffrey turned to Vivian and let go of her hand. "I shall see you then."

"As well as I, my king." Vivian curtsied and left.

In the halls, Cersei stopped Vivian and smiled.

"I see you two went for a walk in the garden, hand in hand. I am sure enough he is starting to like you." Vivian accidentally shown a blush on her face

"Well, I'm doing my best to have my sister accompany me once again, my lady."

"I feel it won't take such a long time for that, princess." Cersei left with a smile on her face.

Behind a door stepped in Gena. Gena had such a worried look on her face.

"My lady, what are you doing? You cannot mess with a marriage, a marriage is sacred!"

"I heard Margaery ruined Sansa Stark's wedding." She replied.

"But this is different, if anything goes wrong, he'll have your head!"

"Leave this to me, servant girl. I do not request assistance from a-you." Vivian avoided her and walked another way.

"But, my lady..." Gena frowned at the young girl.