Vivian's Decision

Blood dripped from the corner of Vivian's eye sight. She stood still, observing her surroundings. People were running and screaming. Fear took upon them as they ran into Vivian; they trembled upon her, anxiously pleading her to spare their lives. Vivian tried to speak and tell them she's not going to kill them, but she couldn't find her voice.

"My lady..." A voice startled her. This voice was clearer than the others, but she couldn't find the source. "My lady, you must wake up now." Wake up? She wondered.

Vivian shot up from her bed with a knife in her hand. The woman who woke her squealed after seeing the silver knife.

"I apologize." Vivian put the weapon away under her pillow, "I have night terrors in replacement of dreams..."

The woman stared at the girl and nodded her head, not really understanding the point of the knife. "My lady, Lady Cersei has ordered me to get you ready since you have... Injured... Your own servant."

She smiled at the thought of throwing a knife at Gena, "Oh, so they have heard?"

"This is your dress for the day." The woman uncovered a long tan dress to show Vivian. "Now, if you would let me dress you..."

"Okay." Vivian got out of bed for the woman to take her gown off. She threw the gown on the floor. Vivian raised her hands as the woman slid the white dress over her head, letting it flow down beautifully. "Do you think King Joffrey would like my appearance today, speak honestly or you're dead."

The woman hesitated, "Why, everyone looks beautiful. Though, you look more exquisite." She smiled gently.

"I'm starting to tolerate you. But do not get your hopes up, if I have to, I will kill you." Vivian walked over to a mirror and studied her new image. Her reflection seemed to smile though it was clear she wasn't smiling. She had an empty emotion hanging on her face, she was niether happy nor sad.

"My lady, you should go meet up with Lady Cersei before noon." The woman said, leaving the young girl to her mirror.

Vivian calmly walked through the halls of the castle. She suddenly became anxious, knowing she'll see Joffrey again. After the kiss, she seemed to have feelings for him. She suddenly cared about what he thought of her, what she wore, what she said. She didn't know how to act.

She walked up too the doors of Cersei's chamber and knocked quietly. After the second knock, Cersei answered.

"Just who I wanted to see." She smiled and let her in.

Vivian frowned, "I don't think I can go along with the plan, your grace."

Cersei's smile faded, "What do you mean?"

"I feel like I really am falling for your son, the king."

"Is that not a good thing? You're supposed to love him."

"I do know that, though I feel that I might mess up now that I care about what he thinks of me. At first, I did not care if he wanted me exacuted. Now, If he dislikes my dresses, I would feel like the world would end on me."

Cersei lifted Vivian's head up with a light touch of her hand and looked into her dark eyes, "That is what love is about. It shows you care about what they think, it means you would want them to have things their way."

She looked confused, "So... I am supposed to feel like this?"

"Have you not been in love before?" Cersei asked.

Vivian shrugged a little; "I thought I have... But I killed him on accident."

"How do you kill someone on accident?"

Vivian smiled, "Well, you happen to be pointing a loaded bow out in the forest at the same time he's running through."

"Love makes you do crazy things. I suggest you keep at it with Joffrey, you are doing a wonderous job at it." Cersei smiled and lightly pushed her to the door, gesturing to go find the King. "I bet he wants you more than Margaery."

"I'll go find him, then, your grace..." Vivian walked out of the room, and into the halls.

On her way toward Joffrey's chamber, Vivian saw Margaery walking out. Vivian followed her instead of accompaining her love. At a turn, Vivian jumped out and blocked Margaery's way.

"You better cancel your wedding, red head." Vivian scowled.

Margaery only smiled back and responded, "Maybe if you stopped flirting with my betrothed, you wouldn't have your head in the clouds."

Vivian annoyingly stuck her tongue at her, "You see these lips? They're the lips that interlocked with your bethrothed's lips last night."

"I fail to see your point. If you are trying to make me jealous, you'll have sort of a problem. I don't care what you do with him, as long as I get to marry him and become a Queen, you could bear his children for all I care."

"You're only using him for royalty? That's pathetic. You are such a pain." Vivian answered.

"At least I'm not a second choice. I tried to be nice and get along with everyone, but I cannot stand you. You think the world revolves around you, you think you are the main character in a book. You are nothing but a fake. You are an ex princess, you are a peasant girl. If you do not have a castle or army, you are not a princess. You are a peasant like the rest. Turn your back on my lover, leave this place. Don't come back." Maraegery left her hanging before she could come up with anything.

"I am not a peasant!" Vivian screamed, knowing that Margaery wasn't around to hear.

Vivian decided to spend the day in her chamber, thinking. She wasn't sure whether to give up or fight back.

"If I leave, I leave possibilities. I even leave my sister, but she's not the case at this moment. If I stay, I might have more possibilities in my future. I might also get my sister back, but again, nobody cares..." Vivian paced around her room, randomly throwing books around. Finally she sat upon her bed and began to calm down. "What if I miss out on everything? My life for instance. My future depends on this choice. And my sisters', but once again, nobody cares!" She sighed, falling back to lay down.

A knock on the door made her turn her head, muttering, "Door's unlocked."

The door opened no one other than Joffrey, the boy king.

Vivian sighed, this was the last thing she wanted, "Is there anything you want from me?"

"You promised you would accompany me today, you broke the promise." He almost frowned.

"What are you going to do, your grace, hang me? Chop off my head? Kill me like one of those prostitutes?"

Joffrey shook his head, "No, why would I do that?"

"Why wouldn't you?"

He shut the door and walked further in, "You are far too special to lose just like that."

She turned her head away, "I'm not your mistress, your grace. I do have self respect and dignity, I'm not your Margaery."

"So you're saying you know her that well?"

"Well, no, but I'm pretty sure she's not marrying you because she loves you."

He sat down next to her, "What do you know about love?"

"Not a lot, but more than you maybe." She slowly moved away from him, but was still on the same bed.

"You can show me, can't you?"

"You can back away, can't you?" She glared at him oddly. He only smiled at her which made her feel uncomfortable. Besides her feelings, she had Margaery bickering at her. Though, she knew it was mostly her doing's that set Margaery off on her.

She then decided on her decision and moved closer to Joffrey, placing her hand gently on top of his. "I apologize, my King..." She kissed his cheek. "But I can show you what love is, and if you still want, I will." She smiled. King Joffrey pulled her into a tenderly kiss in to which she sinked into, kissing him back.

Her decision wasn't to stay with her "lover", or stay to save her sister; it was to beat Margaery at her own game and prove to Joffrey that she loved him while Margaery was only using him instead.