The Other Side of the Moon

"I need a new strategy." Vivian complained to herself in front of a mirror, "The marriage is coming up quickly! If they marry, where's my chance to shine?" She paced around the chamber. "I'm the princess! I should marry the king!" She stopped pacing and sat down in her newly stitched dress that Joffrey had her fit into.

She sighed and looked around for inspiration but found none. "Or I can let them marry and find a new king and a new home." She shook her head, "Terrible idea. I'd lose everything. Not to mention, Margaery would gain everything I lose."

Her door opened expectantly to Cersei. Cersei walked in and sat in a chair near Vivian's bed.

"The day he weds Margaery, I am no longer queen." She spoke softly.

"I think the same. Though instead of that situation, I lose Joffrey and my sister."

"Can you not win his heart any faster?" She shot at her with words.

"It's not that he doesn't like me now, it's her! Margaery's wits are in the way. It's obvious that she'll go to any means just to get married to the king! I don't like it any more than you, though there is nothing I can do about it!" Vivian shouted back.

Cersei had a look of dismay on her face, staring at the child.

"Joffrey, the king, he is my son; my eldest. I cannot lose him to her."

"I don't quite understand. If you do not wish to lose him, why let me have him instead?"

"You are at least tolerable. Besides, you remind me of him. When he smiles to when he laughs; different smiles and laughter but the same reasons why you do it." She looked down; Vivian swore she saw a tear drop from her chin.

Vivian nodded, "I understand." Cersei stood up with a fake smile upon her face.

"Very well. I should leave you be." She stood up, heading for the door. "Though, for the sake of my son; please hurry." She closed the door behind her.

The garden carried many beautiful plants, the scenery almost made thinks seem as if everything were okay. The paths were covered in evenly shaped bricks, leading a way around the garden.

Vivian walked along the path in a new dress; a summer dress when it was nearly winter.

She walked along the lilies and stared in awe. Lilies; the flowers of death. She always thought death was such a fascinating topic. Nobody really knew what happened after death, it was a mystery. Life was a mystery.

A shadow crept up over her as she gently looked upon a lily. She smiled, knowing the scent of the one who owned this shadow. It was Joffrey.

"They are beautiful, are they not?" She resisted the urge to turn and face him.

"They are." He replied coldly.

She turned to see his face. Indeed, it was Joffrey. A smirk was shown upon his face.

"How is my king on this fine day?" She stood up with a picked lily in her hand.

"He is well, better now that he has a pretty girl to talk to."

"I am glad I can please your expectations, your grace." She gave him a little curtsy.

He started to walk off and looked back, gesturing for her to catch up to him.

"It's a fine day out; we should take a stroll around the garden." He took her hand and led her around.

Vivian walked along his side silently. The mood was silent, yet still passionate between the two.

Joffrey brought the walk to an end when they've reached the ocean. Rocks and boulders separated them from the ocean, giving of a barrier.

"I thought you might like to see this." He said.

Vivian looked around the scenery. The sky was a perfect shade of orange mixed with purple. The reflection of the sky bounced off and into to waters. She couldn't help but stare in awe.

Joffrey noticed the lily she still held in her other hand. He gently removed it from her hand, turning her head to face him. She turned her body so that they were facing each other. He then placed the delicate flower into her light brown hair and smiled. This wasn't a fake smile or a smirk; this was a real smile.

"The sunset tries, though it can never outshine the beauty of your fairness." He whispered.

Her cheeks felt hot. He smiled, noticing she was really blushing.

"Your grace... Why are you so kind to me?" She wondered.

"I could ask you the same thing. I've heard about your hobby with throwing knives at servants. Why have you never thrown any at me?"

"What could I gain by injuring the king in whom I have fallen for?" She replied.

"This is your answer as well. There is nothing I would gain if I were to execute you. Only something I would lose." He held her hands in his and smiled.

Inside Vivian's chamber, Margaery searched around, looking for anything she could find to get rid of the "nuisance". She found nothing but useless paper and books. No knives, no important paperwork, no dead bodies. Nothing.

The door creaked open, Vivian stood in the doorway to find Margaery looking around in her stuff.

"Search all you want, I have nothing in here. I keep everything in my possession rather than leave it lying about." Vivian rolled her eyes and fixed her book shelf which was practically torn apart.

Margaery crossed her arms; "I told you to stay away from him."

"And I told you no." She hissed. "You are neither my mother nor my nanny. You cannot tell me what to do!" A book flew past Margaery's face, nearly knocking her off her feet.

"When they hear about this, you'll be sent far from here; maybe even executed."

"Excuse me; when who hears about this?" Vivian chuckled. "I have zero tolerance for you and I have absolutely no respect. If I were you, I'd leave it be and walk away with the little amount of respect I have for you."

"Do not talk to me as if I am nothing. In a couple days, I will be queen. The first thing I will do is make sure you are out of my life."

"I can be out of it now if you would leave things be." She muttered.

Margaery turned her back to Vivian and walked out of the door.

"I'm telling you one more time; leave." She then shut the door and paced throughout the halls.

Vivian rolled her eyes and sat on her bed. Nothing is going to make her change her mind. Even if she has to kill Margaery herself, she'll get what she wants. As stubborn as a child whining for useless things, she will get it her way. She is Vivian, princess of the ruins of Crystalspell.