Chapter 6: Eight Versus One

Aaron arrived back at the Spiders lair with his pistols stowed and a bit of a swagger in his step. The spider himself was toying with a Ghost shell in his hand that was devoid of life. He stopped right in front of him and leaned up against a nearby wall. "Ah, so you're back...word is that Ikus Lorane...met an untimely end.." Spider said leaning forward in his massive chair. Aaron let out a single chuckle.

"Ikus was a bastard anyway, couldn't repay your debt. He thought you forgot about him." Aaron said propping his right leg up against the door frame. "Besides, him being dead sends a far better message than him being alive, don't it?" The Spider's voice box grumbles slightly as a hmm noise left the lips that were underneath his helmet.

"I suppose your right...best for the others out there to know who they're dealing with..and that I've got a new partner." He said leaning back. "With Ikus in the ground, I now owe you something don't I?" He said tossing a data chip to the Exo. Aaron caught the small device in his right hand rather easily and popped it into the side of his helmet. "That's where the Baron's hang their cloaks...you have an opportunity to take them all out at once..best of luck to you." He said as Aaron stepped off the wall and started walking out the door.

"I won't be needing luck where I'm going." Aaron said walking with a bit of confidence in his stride. The Exo could feel his power core increasing it's rotations per minute, his coolant was boiling to finally put Uldren in the Earth where he belonged. But...then what? Most likely the Awoken would try and kill him, an execution by the jury. Murder Crystal first, then himself. If he went back to Earth that would fair no better. Aaron let out a deep sigh and pressed on, it was too late for him to turn back now. He walked to the outside of the Spider's bunker and saw the Scorn just outside of the doorway in front of the complex. Had they been waiting for him?

Aaron pulled out his gun as one of them cloaked in flame charged toward him and he fired a massive slug from the pistol into the creature's mouth. He marched on, not really having much of a care for the small fry Scorn that were sent after him, firing at them as he walked past. He was more concerned with Uldren and his Eight Barons than anything else. After the area was cleared of Scorn, his pistol smoked and his knife was coated in thick purple blood. He scoffed and boarded his sparrow, driving across the barren plains of the Tangled Shore. The only sound that he could hear was the gentle hum of his sparrow's engine. After traveling for a bit he dismounted the bike and heard the voice of the one with the staff as he approached. The entrance itself was like the gateway to a castle or some kind of hodgepodge dungeon. The facade was made out of welded together pieces of steel and metal plates, each one a different color and the Spider's sigil painted over by the one that Aaron assumed represented the Scorn.

"You come alone...what makes you believe that you will succeed..where Cayde-6 has failed?"

"Why don't you crack open that big door and I'll show you?" Aaron felt his hand tighten in his grasp and his power core increasing its rotations per minute. "And by the time I'm done, I'll have all of your heads ready to be mounted on my fucking wall!" He could hear the rush of coolant moving to his processing core in his head. Crystal could only guess as to what kind of dark scenarios that Aaron was playing around with in his head, and she didn't want to check. As the door started to part and the grinding of metal gears could be heard, Aaron could make out the faint sounds of crackling flames and the cries of Scorn warriors. A smirk grew on his Exo face as more ancient protocols enabled themselves. All Exo, regardless of model type, had combative subroutines, from leg power couplings and recoil stabilizing arms, to target acquisition software. He was only just now getting a taste of this power. As a Scorn wielding a flaming flail rushed toward him, it spinning rapidly, Aaron punched through his chest and out toward the other side. Hearing the squish of his flesh and the dipping of his blood as he pulled it out. The other Scorn looked on in what he could assume was either shock or fear. It didn't matter to him.