CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1: FIRST SIGHT

SPIRIT'S P.O.V

I was standing in my new beat doown one bedroom apartment. It wasn't much but it's cheap. I have some money from street racing but i'm trying to save up. It's Sunday and i'm starting school tomorrow. Ii went to my room and fell on my king size bed. I turned on the heat wince it's fall and starting to get cold. I quickly changed into my p.j's and just thought. Well, I haven't been to school since I was 12. I did take online classes though so i'm not clueless. I'm going to be a junior even though i'm 16, I was ahead in the online classes. It's going to be weird starting again and especially without Stryker, my twin. Ever since he dissapeard 4 years ago, I still believe he's alive, no, I just KNOW he's alive. He has to be. One day I just hope he comes back. He's my only family, my best friend, and the only person I trust, well besides my best friends friend Blake and Melody. He's the reason why I push myself so hard. I have took karate classes, self defense classes, boxing classes, fighting classes, sword fighting, tricks and techniques on how to use a gun, and how to be undetected while in a dangerous situation. I push myself to be the best racer, to be the smartest, and to live. If it wasn't for him, I would probably be dead. So tomorrow, i'm going to suck up any fear, doubt, or pain at going back and get through it. But for now, i'm going to go to sleep. I lgot cozy under the blankets since even with the heat on, I was freezing. I soon fell asleep.

I woke up the next mourning at 5:30. School started at 7:15 but I like to have enough time to get ready and then I have to walk there. I got up and went and took a freaking cold shower. It's the only way to make me wake up. I got out after about 10 minutes and got dressed. I pulled on black ripped jean shorts and a grey t-shirt that said: I'm Sorry, Can You Speak Clearly and Slowly? I Don't Speak IDIOT! It's a funny shirt. I put on my black converse and walked into my kitchen. I made me abou 10 pancakes and ate them all before I started walking to my new school Jefferson High. Your probably wondering why i'm walking and if I have a car and if I don't, how do I street race. I have a car, it's just at Blake's house right now. I'm going there after school with him to fix it up. He goes to the same school as me and we're in the same grade. He offered to drive me but I just wanted to walk. Soon, I saw the school and felt excitment. I walked up and in the school grounds and the parking lot, which was full, fell silent as they all stared at me, well except one blue eyed black hair boy who is my best friend Blake. He was running full speed at me and I knew he was about to tackle me. He looked pissed off but I saw that it was all a show. So instead of being brutally tackled, at the last second I stepped to the side and held out my foot. He didn't see it coming and went flying into the grass. A bunch of people gasped as I laughed. He was just staring at his nowdirt covered new shirt. I laughed harder.

He got up and said,"Oh now your gonna get it! This is my brand new shirt Melody bought me!" I took off running. Melody was also Blake's girlfriend and she was an AMWESOME person. We were like sisters. That's when I spotted her all the way across the lot so I headed straight for her. I could out run Blake and Melody any day but I ran as fast as I could anyways just to make sure he didn't get me. Melody was talking to a group of boys that I think are hers and Blake's friends. Her back was to me giving me the perfect oppurtinity. I ran and jumped on her back at full force while I screamed,"MELODY YOUR BOY TOY IS TRYING TO KILL ME! SAVE ME!" While I screamed that, she was already falling into the guy in front of her from my impact. The dude caught us and helped her back to her feet with me hanging on like my life depended on it, which to me with Blake after me, it did. Blake then ran over and stopped and glarred at me because he knew he couldn't get me. I just stuck my tongue out at him and said,"Haha, Melody loves me more." Blake put on a hurt face and said,"I'm dying of a broken heart!" Then he pretended to drop down dead. I screeched," NO! Now i'm dying of best friend loss!" Then I fell off Melody's back and pretended to be dead. Then Melody said,"NO! Now i'm dying of a broken heart and best friend loss." Then I could tell she fell down.