The Wedding Plan pt.3

James woke Maria up and told her to get dressed into something cute. Sleepily, she got up from her warm bed and went to her clothes. She picked out a yellow sundress and slipped on brown flats. She brushed her hair then walked out.

They get in a car that James rented and, with just the two of them, they head to their first location.

"Where are you taking me today?" Maria asked James, turning to look at him as he drove.

"It's a surprise," he said smiling.

She rolled her eyes, "Oh come on. You can at least tell me the first location since there are others."

He sighed, "Fine. It's a flower field."

She smiled big, "I can't wait."

*First Location*

They get out of the car and start walking to an open field, filled with colorful flowers.

"It smells so good!" Maria smiled and took James' hand in hers.

"I figured you would like this place," he was carrying a blanket and basket filled with food.

They find a spot in the grass and lay out the blanket then get out the food after settling on the blanket. They talk about little things and enjoy the surroundings.

"Well, it's time for the next location," James announced after an hour of sitting and eating.

They get up and James finds a flower to pick, taking it with him in the car, without Maria knowing.

*Second Location*

As they drive, the scenery changes into sand and rocks. They soon see an ocean and Maria is fascinated with the view.

They get out of the car and walk to a cliff with an overview of the ocean.

"It's beautiful," she said.

"Almost as beautiful as you," he took her hand in his and leaned down to kiss her on her head.

"Oh stop it," she giggled.

They watched the water and admired the rocks that had been sculpted by the water over time.

They spend an hour there, then get back into the car, but not after James picks up a rock that is perfectly round with a chip in it.

*Third Location*

They follow the coast until the sand changes color.

"Is that pink sand?" Maria asks, her eyes wide.

"Yes, it is," James smiles and pulls over on the side of the two-lane road.

Maria gets out and takes off her shoes, running to the beautiful pink sand.

"Come on slowpoke!" she yells at him.

With a huge grin on his face, James slips off his shoes and runs after her.

They chase each other and go ankle deep in water, laughing. James picks up Maria bridle style and brings her back to the sand. They go sit on a rose gold boulder and hold hands, watching the water get higher and higher as time goes by.

James turns to Maria, "Ready for the last location?"

She nods and as she heads to the car, James takes out a mini clear bottle and puts some pink sand in it with little rose gold rocks.

*Fourth Location*

"I've had so much fun," Maria says to James in the car.

The sun is setting and created a lovely ombre sunset. He smiled and takes her hand as they head to the next location.

They get into some pretty heavy traffic before James pulls over and parks with the Eiffel tower in the near distance.

James takes Maria up a grassy hill and they reach the top. There, at the top, is a bench facing the Eiffel tower. They sit on it and cuddle up.

The sky is now completely dark and the Eiffel tower is lit up.

"Today was the best day ever," Maria says.

"I'm glad you enjoyed it so much, Maria," James said and turned to her.

"I had fun, too and I want more days like this, but only with you," he said and she turned to him, a little confused.

"Of course," she said with a little giggle.

"I'm serious, Maria," he grabbed both her hands and they stood up.

"Maria, the first time I laid eyes on you, I fell in love. You are a wonderful friend and girlfriend," he said.

"What are you saying, James?" she asked, a soft smile on her face.

"I'm saying I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he got down on one knee and she gasped.

"Will you marry me here?" he asks.

"Yes! That would be amazing!" they hug, laughing.