Chapter I

Wake up.
Get energon.
Mine
Fight the Autobots.
Get energon.
Recharge.
Repeat.

That is my daily schedule. Sad isn’t it. Just a normal vehicon. A normal drone ready to be thrown off the Nemesis to help relieve the anger of the superiors. A pitiful way to live. I wish for more, but I cannot wish, I cannot want, only real mechs can want. I am not a real mech. Although, I feel off, like I wasn’t meant for this. I am a grounder, but often look to the skies as if they call for me.

I am not a real mech. I tell myself this often. I am not a real mech. Whenever I disagree with an order. I am not a real mech. Whenever I want something. I am not a real mech. Whenever I feel something. I am not a real mech.

Words to live by.

I am vehicon drone D-8311, and it’s time to wake up.

Many vorns ago…

“We can’t keep it,” said the red and silver trine leader on the newly arisen issue regarding the command seeker trine.

“What do you mean we can’t keep it?! It’s our sparkling! Not only that but this is a decision that needs to be agreed upon by the majority, and you are only one out of the three of us. Tell him T.C.!” the black and purple left wing all but wailed as much as he can for a private conversation.

The right wing, or the voice of reason sighed and looked at both of his trinemates, “‘Warp, Star is right, as much as I would like to keep the new spark, a war is no place to raise them.” he pinched the ridge of his olfactory sensors. “Not only that, but we lack the resources to create the protoform for it, there is no way for us to build one in time before the new spark fades and continue our duties.”

“But-” ,The left wing started before his trine leader interrupted.

“Enough!” he yelled stopping the argument, “I am the leader, and the one carrying the new spark, and I understand you both, but we cannot keep the sparkling and that is final.” the left wing sighed, but immediately perked up when he heard the next part, “Although, that does not mean we have to let it fade.”

The one nicknamed T.C. looked at his leader questioningly, “What are you getting at here Screamer?”

The leader looked at his wings and smiled, “I think it’s time we visit the medic on this matter.”

Present

I onlined from recharge from a bang on our hab suite door. I sat up and looked around the berth room, not my berth room, I saw about 50 other drones just like me sit up.

“Group 1236, online and arrive to the med bay for check up, then straight to the ground bridge!. You’re getting transferred to mine guard for the next meta-cycle!” Our squad leader demanded us. Immediately after the order finished all the drones got up from our spots on the ground to line up and head to the med bay in two lines.

Once at the med bay, we all stood and stared at the doors. “I’m not going first,” was heard from all the drones, all but me. Which is why I was promptly picked up and thrown into the med bay by the others. On the ground of the med bay I looked up to the doctor, Knockout and his assistant Breakdown staring at me smiling. Panicking I quickly rushed to my pedes and saluted, but before I could say anything I was interrupted by their laughter.

“Really? Again, D.Bell. When will you ever stand up for yourself against the other drones. I swear.” I try to correct him on the nickname he gave me but before I can he places his servo on my shoulder and leads me to the first medical berth as Breakdown goes and starts working on the check ups. “Don’t try to correct me, I am terrible at remembering your serial number, and you come to the med bay enough for me to remember which one is you. Well, at least by your personality, and your constant dents,” he sets me on the berth and begins his scans, doing more than a check up. He continues his one-sided conversation while he works, “I swear, I feel as if I have to hunt you down for repairs. You stand much too close to Starscream whenever he is having a tantrum. He abuses you more than any other drone, and he probably thinks you are multiple drones.” he starts fixing out the dents and scratches, “ I wish you’ll let me fix your paint job.”

“We have paint back in our hab suite, we cannot use items that belong to the higher ups.” I plainly stated like I always do whenever he asks this question.

He finishes up and moves to allow me off the berth. “You better come back. That’s an order, you hear me.” he sighs. I salute and swiftly leave to the ground bridge to await transfer.

Meanwhile on the command deck.

“You summoned me Lord Megatron?” the red and silver seeker bowed before his leader.

“Yes I did,” Megatron walks past his second in command, “I have called for your trine to be brought here to aid us in the command of the eradicons. We are getting a new line of them and require more flyers to command them.” Starscream looked hopeful at the news of his trine coming. Hopeful to find their long lost spar- “ Do not think by allowing you three back together I will allow you to search for your spawn!” Megatron yelled and swiftly crushed the seeker’s hope. “Now go help the transfer of the vehicons to the mines, we are discontinuing their model and their use on the ship, the only ones left on board will be the spies when they report, all others will be re-assigned on land. Any vehicon found on board that is not delivering a report will be terminated, is that understood.” he glowered at his traitorous second before leaving the command deck.

“Yes my Lord.” Starscream mumbled before going to supervise the incapable drones.