Chapter III

“I will not ask again. What happened here?!”

The vehicons shook in fear of the commander and his trine, “Uh...t-the autobots attacked, and  s-stole the energon supplies of the lower level. Uh, sir!” shouted one of the drones, fearing for his short life.

“Did any of you see it happen, or even try to fight back!”, the drones flinched at the commander’s tone.

“No, sir, we did not see what happened, we only just arrived after they got away. We came to look for survivors, only to find just this one here-” said the other drone before the first one elbowed him.

“A survivor?” questioned Starscream, walking around the two drones to see the barely online drone, “And did you not think to try to keep him online, he could have valuable information!”

“But…” the first drone hesitated, weighing his options, “He is online, just in stasis.”

“Then what are you waiting for, get this drone to the Nemesis for immediate repairs, they just need to stay online long enough to get the information out of its processor.” Starscream watched as the drones did nothing, “That is an order!!” The two drones rushed to pick up D-8311 and darted to the upper level as Thundercracker called for an upper level ground bridge and update Soundwave on the situation.

The three seekers stood in silence after the drones departed, all three frowning, thinking. Then the youngest, unable to take the silence any longer, spoke up, “I know you felt it, we all felt it.”

The biggest member sighed, “It’s faint, very faint, near unnoticeable.” Thundercracker looks at his trine mates, “It’s far, it feels as if they’re galaxies away, but we didn’t feel it until we came to this planet, in this specific mine.”

Starscream, who has been silent throughout the conversation, starts to growl, surprising the other two, “The feeling is gone! They were right there and now they’re gone!!” he now begins to outright yell in rage. “Our sparkling is here and I never noticed!!! How could we have never noticed this before?! How could they just disappear like that?! Why is their spark signature very faint?!”

“Our bond.” whispers Skywarp, barely catching the attention of his trine mates, “When we are together our bond becomes stronger, and so does the bond between our sparkling. This means we can find them, they are on this planet!” he beams with joy at the thought of finding their lost sparkling.

“We can’t.” Thundercracker says mournfully, destroying the youngest’s joy, “Megatron has forbidden us from searching for our sparkling.”

The area goes into a somber silence, “Then we don’t tell,” Two helms look up at their leader, “We search, but we have to be discrete, we fly together on patrols and report anything we feel in our spark and remember where you felt it.” Starscream smiles confidently and looks at them, “We will find our sparkling.”

Later on the Nemesis…

The two drones carried D-8311 to the med bay, both grumbling on the way, “You should have just said he was offline, then we would be saved the trouble of actually saving him.”

The other one laughed, “He won’t be online for much longer. You heard the commander, they’re just keeping him online long enough to extract the information out of his processor. Anyway, let’s just drop him off and get out of here, you know vehicons are no longer allowed on the ship.” Both of the drones stop in front of the med bay before hesitantly walking in.

They quickly pause at the sight of the medic sitting on the lap of his assistant gently stroking his chin. The doctor and his assistant froze at the sight of the two drones walking in and are about to shout at them to leave before they noticed the injured drone they brought along. Knockout quickly goes into medic mode as he gets off Breakdowns lap to set up the medical berth, “What are you waiting for, put him on the berth, I need to know his barcode, what happened, and what are the orders.” commanded the doctor as Breakdown gathered the necessary tools for basic repairs.