Chapter 3

As we rode our bikes to the pharmacy, with the new kid who we just learned is named Ben on Bill's bike, Eddie went all germaphobe on us "I think it's great that we're helping the new kid but we also need to think about our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys know there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak I mean my mom's friend in New York City got it just by touching a dirty pole in the subway and she got AIDS blood into her system through a hangnail, a hangnail! And they can amputate legs and arms. But how do you amputate waist? how do you amputate a waist!!You know that there are alleys full of AIDS infected needles, right? You do know that?" I stared at him incredulously "Why do you know all of this?" I asked as we set our bikes down in the alley, as i got off my bike Bill said "Richie, Y/N wait here. Come on." Richie smirked at me as i sent a help me look to Bill, who only smiled sheepishly and walked away. "Glad I got to meet you before you died." Richie said to Ben as i glared at him "Richie!" I scoffed as Ben looked at him scared before i said "It's okay Ben he's an idiot" Richie looked at me faking sadness as he put his hand over his chest "That hurts Y/N, especially coming from you" He says, before going red after he realized what he said "What do you mean Richie?" I asked and he looked at me "Um Y/n, it's just that i think i-" "Were back" Eddie said and I hear Richie mutter "Dammit" as the rest of the gang came back with the supplies to fix up Ben.

 "Just suck the wound." Richie said as Eddie helped Ben, Eddie rolled his eyes for like the 50th time today and said "I need to focus right now." I snickered at there fight as Richie scoffed "You need to focus?"Eddie nodded as he gestured away from him "Yeah, can you go get me something?" "Oh, what do you need?" Richie sighed and Eddie explained "Go get my bifocals, they're in my second fanny pack." "Why do you have two fanny packs?" I asked as Eddie shushed me to which i scoffed "I need to focus right now and it's a long story I don't want to get into it" he said as I saw Bill come back with a girl, Beverly i think "Uhmm, th-th-thanks." He stuttered as Beverly smiled and shook a cigarette box "Even Steven. Ben from Soc?" She asks as she goes up to Ben, which i see his face light up as she walks over, while Bill's dims aww they like her  I thought as Richie continued arguing  "You have to suck the wound before you apply the bandage. It's basic." As they kept arguing Beverly looked at Ben with concern "Are you okay, that looks like it hurts." Ben shook his head as his face turned beet red "No, I'm good. I just fell." "Yeah, right into Henry Bowers." Richie exclaimed and "Beep Beep Richie" I said as Bill stammered "Shut it, R-R-Richie!" Richie looked at us confused "Why? It's the truth." "You sure they got "The Right Stuff" to fix you up?" Beverly winked at Ben as he blushed harder, i could see Bill was getting annoyed because he interrupted this moment "You know w-w-w-w-we'll take care of him. Thanks again, Beverly." "Sure, maybe I'll see you around." Beverly said and i saw Bill blush a bit "Yeah, we were maybe thinking about going to the q-q-q-quarry tomorrow, if you wanna...Come" "Yes! I need another girl, don't leave me alone with these idiots" I said as the boys all shouted "Hey!" Beverly smiled at me and laughed slightly "Good to Know. Thanks." Then she walked away.

"Nice going, bringing up Bowers in front of her." Stan scolded and Eddie nodded "Yeah, did you hear what she did?" "What'd she do?" Ben said innocently and Richie laughed "More like who'd she do... I heard that the list is longer than my wang." "That's not saying much." Stan and I said and we looked at each other and laughed "They're j-j-just rumors." Bill defended and Richie shrugged "Anyway, Bill had her back in third grade. They kissed in the school play. The reviews said that you can't fake that kind of passion. Now, pip pip and tally-ho my good fellows, I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention. Now get in there Dr. K and fix him up!" "Why don't you shut the fuck up, Einstein, because I know what I'm doing and I don't want you doing the British guy thing." Eddie said "Suck the wound get in there" Richie said again and Eddie glared at him, "Alright i gotta go guys" I said looking at the time "O-okay bye Y/N" Bill said as the rest said goodbye as well, i saluted them and rode my bike home.