Return to The Lost Cave

Author's Note: Happy Halloween! Beta'd by exaigon on FanFiction.Net

-

They hovered in the sky watching as the ambulance ride off into the distance taking their little sister with it. The flames had died down some now, but the air was filled with smoke.

"What now?" Dwayne asked their leader.

David didn't respond for a moment, watching as the ambulance vanished from view before turning his gaze on the brunette. "Now we go home."

"Sweet! Do you think my stash is still any good after all these years?" Paul asked flying off with them towards their home, their cave.

"Would it matter if it wasn't? You'd still smoke it," David stated matter-of-factly.

"Well, of course. No sense in wasting it... first though I should probably change," he said mournfully as he once again noticed the state of his wardrobe.

Patting at his jacket he mourned its loss. Over twenty years buried after he melted all over it. Yeah, it was a goner.

"Let's hope that the cave still has our spare clothes in it," Dwayne told him and the blonde rocker looked confused.

"Why wouldn't it?" Paul knew clothes could last a while based on his tie-dyed tee-shirts he'd kept from the 60s. Good time. Almost as good as the 80s. No scrap that, it was definitely better because he didn't spend the last two years of it incorporeal.

Getting back to the topic at hand, though. Why wouldn't he have clothes at the cave?

Just as the stoic dark-haired vampire was about to answer Paul gasped, "You don't think Marko threw away our stuff do you!?"

Of course! The little bugger was probably pissed that they left to avenge him and never came back. It'd be the perfect form of revenge!

Dwayne sighed, "He couldn't even if he wanted to."

"Oh yeah, that's right. He's probably all ghosty and invisible without anybody around to snack on." Paul nodded to himself.

"...Most likely. I just hope that no one else has wandered across and has been using our cave over the years."

At Dwayne's words Paul scoffed, "No way. They wouldn't dare."

Dwayne didn't bother to answer that. After they disappeared anyone who would have suspected that the cave belonged to them either thought they weren't returning or just plain had no idea who they were.

David was on the same wavelength. They were very likely forgotten and that pissed him off but it also brought forth some interesting scenarios. They would be taking back the boardwalk as their feeding ground and if any humans were in the way, they'd just make them disappear.

Santa Carla was going to be theirs again no doubt about it.

"Hey, there it is!" Paul pointed out the cliffs hosting their cave.

It was certainly a sight for sore eyes. Paul nearly teared up at just seeing it from the sky. He'd missed their musty old cave. Living in a house with an old lady was boring. Well okay, not living, but same difference in his humble opinion.

Landing, the group quickly took notice that their bikes, which they'd left there before flying off to end the Emerson family, were missing. Not surprising. They would have been shocked had they been there. Still it was an annoyance and one that would need to be rectified as soon as possible.

Right now, though David and the other two had their attention on another problem. A white van parked in the spot their bikes should be. Or at least it had been white at one time. Now it was covered in mud with peeling paint and there may have been some rust there too.