Bunny or Lion

Beta'd by exaigon over on Fanfiction.Net

-

Lily was beyond grateful when her father decided to drop her off at the hotel to rest while he went up to the property. Well, she was at first. Being left alone in an unfamiliar room with her sense of hearing on the fritz was bad enough but her sense of smell, which had not been causing her too much of a concern aside from her first night back home from the hospital, was choosing now to really overdo it.

That meant the hotel room's various scents were not helping her sun-headache, which was most definitely a thing.

Rubbing her temple and trying to ignore the talking from what was likely the room beside hers, Lily dropped her overnight bag and got to work on closing the curtains and taking care of the mirrors. If she was going to be in the same room as her dad, then that was a must.

No matter how much she just wanted to curl up on the bed housing way too many different people scent and sleep the year away.

Of course, as she was dismantling and moving the mirrors into the closet it occurred to her that, even more troublesome than her reflection, was the fact that she would be in the other bed across from her dad at night... when she couldn't sleep and her senses were at their best.

It was only for the weekend. Surely, she could manage it?

Headache worse now, she crawled into bed and all but passed out.

Her dark eyes opened hours later and she knew the sun had set given her new found sense of wakefulness.

Sitting up, she looked around the dark room. Her throat aside she felt alright. No headache, no cramps, and no overly sensitive senses. It was the best she could hope for really.

Having not bothered with the covers before sleeping she easily slipped out of the bed and went over to her bag to pull out her cellphone. No missed calls so her dad was probably still working.

That meant she could either watch whatever crappy TV channels this place had available for their guests or she could chance leaving the room and risk another episode from earlier, thus, endangering not only herself but someone else.

Lily knew what the right choice was. She should be careful and keep herself locked up inside like she had been doing at home but... she didn't want to.

It wasn't like she wanted to go out and look for trouble, or worse yet socialize, with people who might unfortunately become her dinner if she wasn't careful. No, all she wanted was to not spend the night cramped up in this hotel room waiting for her dad, only to repeat the process tomorrow, albeit with more food. It was strange that he'd not stopped by with some throughout the day but, well, he was the type to get absorbed in his work.

With that in mind Lily grabbed her money from her bag and pocketed it along with her phone and the room key before pulling her Simba hoodie down from where she must've unconsciously pulled it up in her sleep and left the room. No real destination in mind but not planning on leaving the general area either.

That, and not her stomach, is what lead her to looking for a vending machine.

She didn't find any in her quick scan of the outside of the building but she did see one in the main building area with a sleepy looking clerk at the cash register. Lily herself was dead on her feet when they arrived so she was unsure if it was the same one from then but she waved anyway to be polite and got a wave in return before turning her attention to the vending machine.

The choices left a lot to be desired. It was all knock off brands of things she never even really ate. So she ended up picking the number for the animal crackers before moving on to the drink machine hoping for a better selection.