go

he ran as fast as he could, not paying mind to anything nor anyone in his path. he had one goal in mind, and that was to reach the hospital before everything was too late.

"why didn't you tell me, song hye?", he mumbled to himself as he raced through the streets.

"are you kim namjoon?"

"yes, how do you know that?"

"i'm areum hye, song hyun's sister"

"why are you here? where's your sister?", he questioned the girl making her frown.

"that doesn't matter, what matters is that she's in the hospital and you need to go to her, namjoon", this time it was he who frowned.

"she's been sick for a very long time", she admitted before she took in a deep breath. "she didn't want to tell you because she didn't want to lose you just as we lost our mom and everyone else"

"i don't get anything, i'm so confused", he let out a frustrated groan before he dragged a hand down his face.

"when we were young, my sister was pretty close to our mother however when they found out about her sickness our mother packed up and left-promising us that she'd come back for us which explains why she continued to wait at the train station", she took in a deep breath. "she was so ready to give up, years after years of no result-she wanted to quit searching and waiting"

"she lost all faith into putting her trust and care into someone", she spoke. "she didn't want to be left all alone, because that's what she felt although we are still together"

"but then, she met you", she looked away from namjoon and stared at the pillar beside them. "you gave her hope for a better tomorrow, you made her feel love in the shortest amount of time".

he rushed inside the hospital and took the stairs up to the fourth floor, going towards her designated room.

without knocking, he opened the door and immediately went inside where he found the lifeless girl staring back at him with utter shock and embarrassment.

"wh-what are you doing here?"

"why didn't you tell me?", he questioned.

"you shouldn't be here, namjoon", she coughed out into a handkerchief and there was blood. "i told you, it's time for me to go"

"but why? why didn't you just tell me you were sick? i would've handled it better than finding out this way!", tears were now streaming down his face and her heart broke to see the tears.

"i just didn't want you to worry, i didn't want to lose you", this time she looked down in shame. "you would've left me straight away"

at that, he walked closer to her bed and lifted her chin up, "i'm not going to leave your side, song hye. i'll be right here"