...

As the two spent their last few moments together, the both of them cuddled into the small bed and although it was a bit uncomfortable, no one complained neither did anyone talk.

they were content with the silence and by each other's company.

song hye was coughing non-stop and namjoon would always have to bring up about asking for a doctor but she had always declined.

"i'm in the terminal stage, namjoon", she gave a small smile. "death is inevitable"

he was disappointed by her remark but nonetheless continued to hold her tight. slowly, the girl's temperature began to drop concerning the man—having unwanted thoughts run through his mind.

he got her hand and intertwined them before he began contemplating on what he was about to do. he pulled her closer to him before he opened his mouth to speak.

"i love you, song hyun"

those encounters he had with her was one of the best moments he ever had in his entire lifetime. he had never felt such emotion and such passion for one person over such a short period of time. he had always wanted to confess to her but he never imagined that he would do so when she was at her death bed.

"i love you too, namjoon"

at that, he looked down at the girl and leaned in to put a small and gentle kiss upon her lips. his warm lips met her cold ones and this concerned the girl, however namjoon didn't care.

he cupped her cheek and sighed as he pulled away, staring into her dark orbs—getting each and every detail of her face.

with song hye, she took in all of his features for the last time before she felt it happening.

she knew that it was time.

she leaned in for one last kiss before she cupped his cheek.

"namjoon..."

"i know, it's time to go..."

with that he stepped off the bed, positioned her comfortably in the middle before bringing up the blanket up to her waist and sat on the seat that was beside her.

he grabbed her hand tightly in his, "don't worry, i'll be right here". he rubbed circles around her hand.

"i wish i could've spent a lifetime with you"

she gave him a small smile before she closed her eyes in content, however never were they to open again.

she was gone.

just like that