want

colbys pov
as i weaved my way through the clustered and chattery crowd to get to my next class, trying to avoid everyone as much as possible and to the best of my ability. it'd be a lie if i said i was bullied, but it's not a lie to say i've never been antagonized. especially for my mute-ness. but oh, unlucky me, i had to bump into the bubbly, laughing blondie as i stared at my feet shuffling on the white and red tiled floors. and even better, my books from my bag went everywhere.

sams pov (lol u thought)
i felt the burning of eyes on the back of my head like i normally do, but that's just the normal everyday apocalypse for me. ive been running from the radiation, but i can't find no shelter. i've been talking to katrina a lot, and i mean a lot. i love her... but not in the way she loves me, or thinks i love her. i mean, she's my best friend! and i see her as nothing more. but here i am in a relationship with her. she doesn't know. no one does.
but im happy.
im not sad. but im trying to tell myself "fuck your panic disorder you hypochondriac," but it's not that easy.
kat and i talked through the rest of the class, til the bell and through the halls. she branched off with corey and devyn, as i kept my head up and kept walking, until my balance was tipped by a small boy bumping into me, scattering his books, falling to his knees.
"im so so sorry! are you okay?" i spoke softly. i didn't know him, despite knowing quite a few people.
he just nodded, looking up to me with crystal, glossy eyes and pink cheeks.

god damn, he was cute.