A Little Surprise

~Ciel's POV~

I let my eye adjust to the bright light that had suddenly blinded me for a few moments. I blink the one good eye of mine to help the process, but when my gaze fell onto the interior of the large room, I wasn't too shocked. I've been to a good handful of parties and this really wasn't too surprising: it was the Queen who was throwing the event after all.

"This is it???" I hear a few words leave the blonde's lips. I just internally roll my eyes as I enter the room, listening to the music that was played by the hired band. Alois followed for whatever reason... I tried my best to ignore him as I walked, then I remembered: Where was Sebastian? I look around, seeing many people, but not the red-eyed demon I was searching for. He as last with Y/N, he should be here by now...

I continue to look around for my butler, only to see him standing to the side, watching everyone silently. He held a look of slight boredom, but when people looked in his direction a small smile came to his lips. Then there's the emotionless Trancy wall... I shake my head a little as I make my way towards Sebastian. I feel and see his cold eyes land on me as I approach him. "Sebastian, where is Y/N?" I simply ask. The red-eyed male moved his gaze around, scanning the room for the female I "needed" to talk to. "She is right over there, Milord."

His words made my gaze shift around the ballroom and onto a female in a black gown, talking to the one and only Y/N L/N. I begin to make my way towards the two, knowing I would have to speak with them both later that evening. Along with that bloody blonde. The two seemed to notice me approaching and a small smile came on to the H/C-haired female's lips. "Hello Ms. L/N." I said before bowing to the Queen. "Your majesty..." I say in my usual cold tone before the Queen spoke up. "Hello..."

"Ciel Phantomhive..."

~Second person POV~

A small yawn left your lips as you exited the room. It has been a pretty tiring past few days, but you were glad to see the Queen. "May I escort you to the ballroom?" A low smooth voice asked. You fixed your gaze on the raven haired male and nodded, a small smile coming to your lips. Sebastian flashed one of his charming smiles your way as he went to lead you to the room the ball was going to be held.

Two large dark oak doors soon came into view. The artistic carvings in them put a small smile on your face, knowing they were one of a kind. Switching your gaze over to the butler of that one boy; he opened the doors to greet you with the clicking of dancing shoes hitting the ground and chatter of party guests. You have been to a good group of parties, but this had to have been the biggest one yet.

"Ms. L/N..." A soft voice caught your attention, making you turn to face them. It was a short woman in a black gown with a matching black veil. The one and only Queen of England. "Your Majesty..." You say softly before curtsying. You lift your head up as you straighten your posture, a small fake smile lacing your lips. Of course you were glad to see her, but you were so mentally exhausted that you didn't put the effort for a real smile.

"I wanted to speak with you before you meet the Earls that will be helping you." The female started, beginning to walk. You quickly moving to follow. "Just to catch up... How have you been?" She asked as she planted her gaze on you. You shrug, even though you kind of knew how you were doing. "I've been okay, Just a bit tired and... Confused," You explain. Queen Victoria looked at you with some type of look. You couldn't tell since her veil covered her face. "Confused?" She asked.
"My family and I just got back from such a long trip; was needing to meet with me really that important that you couldn't let me sette in first?" You ask, not meaning to really ramble on, but you just couldn't help it sometimes.