Chapter Four

Rylan's P.O.V:

"How did this happen?"
She asks referring to my busted knuckles.

I look into her big doe-like blue eyes. I want to tell her, but I can't tell her the truth.

"Some guy at work came in drunk, but I had to deal with him." Yeah, I will play hero, girls seem to like that.

"Well, you took out one of his cuspids. Sorry, if you don't understand that you could call it a canine tooth too." She seems flustered and her face turns red. She looks down at her feet and I tilt her head up to look at me.

"Maybe we should find something else to do, other than fixing me up. How is your head?" I ask as she bites down on her bottom lip. Her face has no bruises, but I am sure her body took a toll. I am surprised she could even get up from something like that.

"My head feels better then it did when I first woke up." A small laugh comes out of me making her smile. Something I want to do every day now. Her smile reminds me of everything that is lost to me.

She backs away slowly and then says.
"I think it is time for me to go home, could you maybe give me a ride?" She asks looking straight into my eyes. The eyes of a monster. I would totally turn my life around for her but in the long run, I'd end up killing us.

"Where do you live?" I ask grabbing for my keys. I also have to give her, her phone she left in my Jeep.

"In the Bronx, I have a small flat above a hardware store."

She lives in a dump! No way in hell? For some reason, I think she should live in a castle or mansion.

"What's wrong she asks?" I shake my head and smile.

"I was actually looking for someone to paint me, my mother would absolutely adore a painting of her only son. But there are a few I want to be done for me. Could you do it, I promise I will pay top dollar. Name your price." I don't care how much I have to pay to be in her presence. She makes me feel at home. The way she took care of my cuts and bruises made my heart ache like it never has before. But I don't want to show it.

Her eyebrows come together as if she can't believe what I am asking. I close the gap between us and whisper.

"I want you to be my artist." Her body shivers in response and a soft pink blush shows on her face.

"I don't know if I can?" Her mouth falls into a flat line. I roll my eyes hoping she won't notice.

"But I have been looking for a reason to quit one of my jobs." She smiles brightly as I back away from her.

"You can start whenever and sorry for hitting you with my car. Let's get you home now." I hope she doesn't hear the middle part of my explanation.

"You hit me with your what now? Shouldn't I be hospitalized?! What the hell? How could you hit me with a car?" She starts pacing. I want to stop her, but for some reason, my feet are glued to the ground while she processes everything.

It looks like she is remembering something after throwing her hand up in the air.

"It's all my fault, I will work off any damage, also thanks for taking care of me. Who was the blonde that took my clothes off or is I going looney?" I laugh a little at her choice of words.

"My younger sister changed you after the doctor checked you up.
I had a house call and everything was fine all you needed was rest." She exhales some air and her body then seems to calm down.

"Before I go would you mind if I took a shower?" She bites the corner of her lip. I want to tell her only with me, but that seems too soon since I am her new boss.

"Go ahead, I will go and get you an outfit what size are you?" She tells me her measurements and I leave the kitchen.

Clothes.

I drive to a local Gucci. I buy a whole outfit that I think will look nice on her. I go to a shoe shop and get her a nice pair of plain black vans.

I remember throwing out her broken pumps and they were size 5. I quickly pay for the last thing and then I get in the car.

My sister has already blown up my phone saying, there is a hot naked girl in your room if you do not get home soon I will make a move.

My sister is harmless, I think.

For some reason, I can not wait to come home to her. Like it is an everyday thing. Let's hope my sister keeps her hands off of what is mine. Or will be mine...

I see my house in my view and almost miss it. I turn right on time. I park in the grass and run to the door. I turn the handle right and nothing happens. It's locked fuck! I grab my key a little too frustrated. I brake the key in the door but it still opens.

"You are here, thank god." My sister fans herself like she just ran a mile.

"Where is she?" "Locked up in your room wearing nothing but a towel." My sister says clearly into something that should be mine. Not hers, never hers.

I push past her and walk into the room. I give her the bags and the notice her tattoo it looks like some kind of bird, maybe a raven? It starts below her neck I can see the wings.

I walk out without a word, even though there is so much I could say and it's all at the tip of my tongue. Running my hands through my hair in frustration. Messing it up and feeling the burn of the pressure on my wounds.

X-ray vision is something I wish to achieve. I want to see what is going on behind the door.

I growl in frustration and hear my sisters laugh. Which furthers my frustration.

"What?" I ask.

"You really like her don't you, so much you hit her with a car. And why did you spend a 100,000 dollars on the artwork? Was it because of her?"

The door opens and my sister disappears into the shadows and I am glad, I don't have to answer here today.

Or ever.

"I'm ready to go." I hate those words. I scan her body and walk in the direction of the door.

"Let's go then."