Ch. 1 - The audition

– 2013/10/02 –

I was sitting nervously in my seat while 10 more auditioners were still before me. This was the only chance I've had for keeping myself alive since I had no one to turn to now. I was looking around almost every minute, making my nervous strike in at everyone. Everyone was by now shaking from fear for what was to come.

Suddenly an entrance door opened and a young boy stepped in as he looked around for a seat to sit. The only one that was available was next to me, so he went closer towards me as he carefully approached me.

,, Excuse me, can I sit next to you? " he asked politely.

,, Yes, of course. " I said as I put my bag under my legs to make space for him as he sat next to me.

He took out his pen and blog as he started to write something. I looked over his shoulder to see what he was doing out of curiosity. I gasped at the beautiful text he has written so far.

,, You're composing your own music? " my eyes sparkled as I looked at him.

He turned at me, his smile widened at my interest.

,, Yeah. It helps me to relieve my stress a little bit. " he said.

Thanks to that moment, we were talking the whole time until it was my turn to perform my skills.

,, Nari Ga! It's your turn now. " a man in suit yelled as he looked at me.

I gulped as I felt anxiety getting the best of me. I was shaking again.

,, Hey, it's okay. You can do it. " said the boy next to me with a smile.

I looked down at him as I stood up. His words of encouragement gave me so much motivation.

,, Before I head inside, tell me your name. " I asked with a smile.

,, Kim Namjoon. " he replied.

After that I headed inside while having his name deeply written in my heart. I knew I would always remember it from now on.

After performing my rapping skills I was counting on, they approached me.

,, You've passed. Congratulations! " they said with a smile.

I felt tears fill up in my eyes as I smiled widely with so much joy in my expression.

,, Thank you so much! " I shouted so happily as they chuckled at my reaction.

,, We'll contact you within 24 hours, telling you where you will live and later we'll tell you details more specifically. " they said as the guided me outside.

I was crying out from happiness and once I've seen Namjoon, he was already looking at me worriedly because of my crying face. I ran to him with speed as I jumped into his arms without caring about everyone staring at us.

,, I did it! " I said so happily as I felt hugging him even more tightly.

He laughed happily: ,, I told you! "

But then behind us we heard that he was next.

,, Kim Namjoon. " said the man in black suit strictly.

I released him as I looked at the man.

,, Guess it's on me now. " he said as he grabbed his things.

,, Best of luck, Namjoon! I'll wait for you and your results! " I said as I sat down on his spot.

He smiled happily before he turned away from me.

I was waiting impatiently for him to come out. At least about 15 minutes have passed after he appeared in the door again with a huge smile on his face meaning only one thing.

I jumped from my seat as I dashed after him. He opened his arms for me as I jumped once again to his arms.

,, Congratulations! You deserve it! "

,, Seems like we'll meet more often from now on. " he smiled as he grabbed his phone.

After unlocking it he went to his contacts as he looked back at me.

,, What's your phone number? " he asked with a smile.

And just like that, we've become idol buddies that day. But of course, everyday was full of surprises with him. After audition we both went to celebrate our success with a lunch that he invited me to.

--------x---------

The following day, I've moved all my things to a dormitory that was given to me without knowing who would be my roommate from now on. I was unpacking my stuff; putting clothes to closets, putting my own hygiene into my own bathroom. It took me good 3 hours unpacking everything. I fell asleep on a sofa after exhausting myself with unpacking heavy stuff.

I don't know how many minutes have passed since then but I felt keys jiggle inside the door as someone was trying to get in. I was too exhausted to get up as someone got inside already, making so much noise with his bags banging on the floor. I heard the sudden hold-up as I heard footsteps slowly and quietly approach me.

I opened my eyes hazily as I looked around what was happening.

,, Hey, Nari. " said very familiar voice to me as I looked towards the source of the sound.

It was Namjoon, standing there with his bags and wrapped up boxes. I was really surprised because he just appeared there out of blue, and wait, are we really sharing dorm?

Whatever it was, I was so happy to have someone I knew in this unfamiliar scenery that was going to be my daily routine from now on.

I hugged him tightly as a greeting: ,, I didn't expect us to meet so soon! Not that I'm complaining. " I smiled.

I helped him unpack his stuff with his permission of course. We kept chatting for the whole time while putting his things into his room.

The first night there felt quite lonely as it was only the two of us, but I was really happy with being with someone rather than being alone. I found out Namjoon is super clumsy and he can burn even a water which made me tease him for the rest of the day.

The following morning in early hours around 5 am, me and Namjoon heard someone banging on the door. We both got out of our rooms as we looked at each other sleepily. Then we heard the banging again.

,, Excuse meee! We forgot our keys! " we heard someone behind the door.

Namjoon opened the door to see who it was as 6 boys forced themselves inside. When they spotted me, they all stopped in their tracks, scanning me.

,, A girl!? " said one of them surprised.

They gathered around me as they were looking at my looks, my figure and the reason I was there.

-----------x------------

It was quite a funny meeting with my future fellows. I still remember this moment that I have put deep inside my heart because it was a start of my everyday life.