Ch.6 System is back

Qing Yu was back in a white plane. His head spun as he tried to process the barrage of information assaulting his mind. A cheerful voice spoke up.
System: "Welcome back Host! It's been too Long, do you still remember this humble system?"
Qing Yu groaned and covered his face.
So that really did happen.
Qing Yu's frame of mind was extremely scattered. He cant differentiate between fantasy and truth, that's how confused he was. Up till just a few moments ago he had completely forgotten about the system, however when he saw the protagonist face it was like a lock was broken and memory after memory came back to him. He knew that it wasn't as simple as just forgetting. After all no one forgets about transmigrating into a novel after his death.
Not just that, he knew <Cold Immortal Soul> like the back of his hand. However after spending some time in this world, it seemed that all his memories about his favourite novel had vanished, thus he did not link this world with the one in <Cold Immortal Soul>. Although he did remember his last life, anything related to that novel had been wiped clean, leading him to believe that he had just been reborn randomly.
The System looked at its Host being deep in thought. Trying to be helpful, he chirped in:
"Host if you have any questions you may ask me."
Qing Yu looked up and nodded.
Qing Yu: I really wished you had a body... it's so awkward to not know where to look when speaking to you.
Qing Yu: "System, what happened with my memories? Was it tampered with?"
System gulped though he had no throat. He was expecting this line of questioning but he hasn't found an excuse that will let him off the hook.
Qing Yu saw System's nervous silence as suspicious and continued to probe him. Finally System finally told him the full truth.
Apparently System was a rookie and this was his first assignment. According to protocol he was supposed to let Qing Yun transmigrate into a his character once said character has met the protagonist as before this the system will not be activated. However due to System's inexperience, he made a mistake and accidentally transported Qing Yu to the time when his character was born, hence letting Qing Yu live out the life of the character. In order to remedy his wrong, System had removed Qing Yu's memories of <Cold Immortal Soul> , only giving them back when the Mission officially starts.
System knew that the mistake he made was not a small one and he was heavily penalised by the higher ups for it. But now he had to face the wrath of his innocent host who had to waste 12 years of his life without progressing the main Mission. System quaked with fear and trepidation as he awaited his Host's anger.
The host meanwhile, was surprised when he heard the truth but wasn't really bothered by it. In fact he thought that he was lucky. Since he has been in this body since it was born it technically rightfully belongs to him and the bonds he had forged were real too. And it was all thanks to System's mistake. So instead of being mad, he was just relieved to finally know the truth. However after hearing Systems quaking voice Qing Yu suddenly had the urge to tease the poor system. In an aggrieved voice he said,
"Sigh...No it's not your fault System, I only have my horrible luck to blame. Maybe I was a bad person in my previous life and this is my punishment. Living for twelve years in this cruel world in this weak body where strength determines everything. The only thing I'm grateful for is that my suffering has made me stronger..."
While shamelessly spouting out lies, Qing Yu even managed to squeeze out crocodile tears. System felt his nonexistent heart break seeing his Host's sad state and his guilt rose to new levels.
System: "H-Host, d-don't cry. How about System grant you some cheats?"
Qing Yu was about to reveal that he was just acting when his ears perked up at System's words.
System: "Yes! Cheats can make Host's Mission much more smooth sailing. System technically doesn't have permission to give you free cheats but I'm sure the higher ups won't mind if it's to make up for Systems mistake."(Oh they mind very much)
Qing Yu: sniffs "R-Really?"
If System had a body he would be rapidly nodding his head.
System: "System doesn't have a big array of cheats as the Story hasn't progress much but...Ah found them! Let's see. Host you can choose from three level one cheats. The Beauty One cheat lets Host's have beautiful clear skin. The one time use Painkiller One cheat when activated is able to decrease pain by 50% for half an hour. The last Singing One skill let's Host improve his singing skills. The effect is if Host had practiced singing for one week."
Qing Yu stood there in a daze. What was with these useless cheats?! Well yeah they might be helpful in his previous world but in this violent world where you could be killed without a second thought these cheats were practically useless.
Qing Yu: At least it's better than nothing.
He sighed and chose the painkiller One cheat.
System cheered up when he felt that he had made up for his mistake and continued,
System: "As the story progresses, more cheats will be available for purchase. The form of currency will be points, which can be earned by completing optional or main story tasks. Each Cheat can be Low, middle or high level. High level cheats will be exponentially more expensive. As the main goal of this system "Change the protagonist's fate" is extremely vague, there will not be many compulsory main story tasks. As Long as no key characters are killed, Host will not fail the Mission and have his soul destroyed."
Qing Yu's felt his a chill when he got reminded of the consequences of failing, but was ultimately relieved. All he has to do is not get any major character killed right? He can't possibly divert the main story line too much right? (Author:Oh boy you cannot be more wrong)
Comforting himself, he cheered himself up.
System: "Looks like Host's real body is waking up."
Suddenly the plane around him became blurred. As he opened his eyes, a scarlet crescent moon above bottomless black pupils greeted his sight.