대학 // College

NAMJOON'S POV

"Alright students, class dismissed. Have a nice weekend." The professor grinned as he packed up his belongings and finally left the classroom.

He was soon followed by a group of impatient college students who hurriedly slung their backpacks behind their backs, a smile evidently etched on their tired faces, and left to bask in the glory of the weekend to come.

Well as for me, I stayed quietly on my seat and let them all leave first. In the meantime, I brought my gaze out of the window, observing the scenery outside of the classroom.

It was currently 5 PM on a spring day. The once bright blue sky was yet again banished for the day, as the clouds above the endless horizon were already turning into a sea of purple, blue, orange, pink, and yellow hues, a sign that nighttime will soon arrive.

"Beautiful." The word slipped effortlessly out of my lips. However, true to its words.

Words cannot explain how majestic and ethereal the world looks like within the closed perimeter of just looking outside this thin glassed window of mine.

I was deeply intrigued with mother earth's beautiful wonders, that I didn't notice the noise coming from the fading students slowly drifting from my right ear to my left ear, effectively silencing my surroundings.

I waited until all of the other students left the room and out of earshot, before begrudgingly looking away from the scenery and stood up to stuff my lecture notebooks inside my backpack.

"Finally, it's the weekend." I sighed, rubbing the back of my stiff neck due to the pent-up stress slowly building up on my poor body these past few days.

Being a second-year college student studying for a master's degree in marine biology was no joke. It can be either a blessing or a curse. Well, depending on how you efficiently use your time to either study or fuck around for a bit. There's no in-between.

Fortunately, I'm an honor student. I use my time to study my ass off, not like the others who waste their parents' money to do shit that can destroy their lives.

Did I regret studying this? I can firmly answer you a straight 'No'. Though it gets tiring from time to time, I didn't regret choosing this course for I genuinely like all types of sea creatures. In fact, I specifically like the crab species. They honestly look so damn cute to me.

With the way how their claws clamp to each other. The way how their eyes look up to me adorably. And how their cute little legs wobble—

Without even knowing, my phone lightly buzzed in my right pocket jeans, bringing me out of my crab thoughts.

Reaching for the said phone, I looked at the caller ID, answering it almost immediately.

"Yeah, mom?" I stealthily placed the phone between my right ear and shoulder, stuffing my pencil case and bookbinder inside my bag.

"Hi, Joonie! How's school?"  Mom questioned me, to which I replied curtly.

"It's a bit tiring, but nonetheless, I enjoy every bit of it, mom." I slightly beamed at the phone, showing through the sound of my voice how glad I am to have this course, and how thankful I am to follow my dreams and passion.

"Well, that's good to hear then Joonie."

I kind of knew why mom suddenly called out of the blue. They always do this whenever they're about to leave for their business trip. It's no secret to me anymore, because I'm quite used to their little escapades in and out of the country.