새로운 이웃 // New Neighbors

NAMJOON'S POV

A few seconds have passed, with me look hysterical due to the unexpected meeting with the customers from the cafe earlier. The key I previously held was on the floor shining pitifully, like the Kim Namjoon of this situation. Honestly, I think fate's playing with my poor single heart.

I thought it was just a one-time thing, you get to meet a handsome guy or two then you bid them goodbye once they leave the cafe to go to who knows where to continue our everyday lives. But here they all are, looking as magnificent as ever before me.

Before any of them could utter a single word, I brazenly thought up an excuse to escape this awkward re-encounter.

"It was nice meeting you guys, but I need to do my thesis paper, so bye!" I lied about the thesis part, but they don't need to know that.

I immediately picked up my fallen keys to open the front door, avoiding any further contact with them as much as possible, but someone's deep and husky voice called out to me.

"Hey, bub! If you don't mind me asking, are you perhaps the Kims' son? Kim Namjoon?" The man, who had sharp features similar to a cat asked me, to which I politely answered.

"Uhm, yes I am. Do you gentlemen know my parents?" I tilted my head to the side, asking them with a questioning look.

The six Greek Gods— I mean, the six gentlemen looked at each other in the eye, signaling who's going to talk, when one man with pouty lips came forward and brought his right hand in front of me, his eyes looking like moon crescents when he smiled. "Please do pardon our late introduction. I'm Park Jimin, one of your parents' business partners."

Then something clicked inside my mind.

'The phone call from earlier!'

After having a mini-meeting inside my head that lasted for 0.7 seconds, I instinctively reached forward and shook his hand. "Let me introduce myself formally. I'm Kim Namjoon, the Kims' only son. My dad has informed me that we would be having you sirs as our neighbors starting today."

"I see that you already know. Both of your parents have been treating us wonderfully since the beginning of our businesses that we would like to return them a favor for their kindness." This man named 'Park Jimin' happily beamed at me, which had me smiling along.

It's not as if I'm happy because a gorgeous young(?) man is smiling so handsomely in front of me, of course not. I ain't that simple you know!

"Thank you for such kind words towards my parents, sir Park Jimin. They would really appreciate your kindness to no end." I let go of his hand that previously held mine, then deeply bowed in front of him.

The warmth of his hand left a trace on my hand, which sent tingles down my spine from the thought.

"Oh my! You don't need to be so formal with me, with us actually!" sir Park Jimin ushered me to straighten up my posture, to which I obediently followed.

"Is that so? Since you all are my parents' business partners, please do come inside for some light refreshments at least, since you already had coffee earlier." I opened the front door and urged them to come inside, as a way of treating them with respect.

The six of them happily smiled and passed my way to enter my house. "thank you for your kind offer." When all of them entered my house, I closed the door and walked towards the kitchen to fetch these gentlemen some refreshments such as sandwiches and juices.

But before I went to the kitchen area, I went towards them, seeing that they are all seated in the living room. "Feel free to be at ease while I make some refreshments for everyone." All five of them nodded and one stood up and went near me, tilting my head upwards to look at his handsome face.