Chapter 6

JULIE POV

When I was going home, I suddenly met Edward.

"Julie, why are you here?"

"I looked for Paul but he was not in the office"

" Where are you going?"

"I want to go back to the office"

"What if I take you to the office?"

"No need, I bring a car"

"Have you had lunch?"

" Not yet"

"What if we have lunch together"

I was very hesitant to have lunch with Edward. Suddenly he pulled my hand.

"Where do you want to take me?"

"I want to take you to lunch in the cafeteria"

Finally I was forced to take lunch with Edward. It feels like I'm not eager for thinking about Paul now

"Why are you silent?"

"I think of Paul"

"You don't have to think too much about it. I'm sure he is currently busy taking care of his business"

Maybe Edward's words are true and I have to be positive now.

"Eat, Julie. I don't want to see you sick"

After finishing lunch, I returned to the office.

***

EDWARD POV

I feel there's something wrong with Paul. I'm sure he must be hiding from Julie because of something. I immediately entered the room regardless of Paul's secretary's ban.

"How easy you are to enter my room without permission!"

"Explain to me what really happened to you!"

" What do you mean?!"

"You don't have to pretend not to understand! Why did you avoid Julie ?! Are you not sorry for her ?!"

Paul just paused without answering my question. He finished the wine on his desk.

"You don't have to interfere in my business! If you want Julie, take it!"

I grabbed Paul's collar while threatening him.

"Do you think Julie is a toy that you can just throw away ?! I don't accept you treating Julie like this!"

Paul took my hand off his collar and he pushed me.

"I don't want to see you in my office anymore! Get out of here!"

"I don't want to have a cousin like you!"

I left the office feeling annoyed and angry. I will make Paul regret having hurt Julie.

***

PAUL POV

It feels like my head is very dizzy and I want to rest in the office. Suddenly someone intruded into my room and I was very surprised to see Julie.

She looked angry and her eyes shed tears.

"Why do you have the heart to lie to me ?! Is it my fault that you avoid me ?!"

I paused without daring to look into her eyes. It feels like my heart hurts to see her crying.

"You'd better leave here! Don't ever expect from me! I'm not good for you!"

"Why are you saying like that ?! Am I not good for you ?!"

"I'm sorry, Julie! I told you from the start if I didn't want to commit to anyone!"

"I love you, Paul! I love you from first sight! You're the only man who managed to get my love!"

"I'm sorry, I can't return your love. There are still many men who are better than me!"

"I don't want another man! I just want you!"

I can't let my heart drift into love. I have to get Julie away from me.

"You're the same as other women who only want my treasure! I've never been interested in you!"

Suddenly Julie slapped my face and I grimaced in pain.

"I didn't expect you to be that stupid! I'm not a cheap woman who wants your possessions! It turns out that I've been wrong about you! So from now on I hate you!"

Julie left me and I could only cry inside