Chapter 1 - After Dark

Wally had always been mildly creeped out by empty schools at night, the oppressive silence alongside chilly night air doing nothing to ease his rapidly beating heart

Stay late to study they said, it would be fun they said.

Famous last words he thought looking around for Mr Lacewood one of Baxter Highs two janitors so he could lock the door once Wally had left. "Mr Lacewood are you there? I'm leaving now okay?" He called out breaking the silence. Receiving no answer Wally sighed to himself, this was starting to feel more and more like one of those movies Sabrina liked dragging their friend group to see.

Deciding not to be the minority character that was killed at the beginning of those movies Wally quickly made his way out the entrance of Baxter High heading towards Ol'Blue his truck he and his father had rebuilt over the summer.

Fumbling with his keys Wally unlocked the drivers side door unable to shake the weird feeling that had fell over him. Something was definitely up in Greendale tonight he could sense it. It wasn't just a paranoid feeling either it was one of THOSE feelings like the ones he got when his dad would hurt himself at work or when he knew Harveys dad had been drinking again. These feelings coming from his Fae side telling him that he should not be out alone tonight.

Deciding to try and soothe his nerves Wally turned on the radio letting the rhythmic tunes of Billie Eilish fill the old truck.

Driving carefully Wally pulled out of the school carpark and took the shortest route he knew home. Buildings flashed by as he made his way closer to the main road of Greendale. Looking at the clock on his dashboard he silently cursed it was getting close to midnight and his father was not going to be happy. Not that his dad was particularly strict if anything he was very much a go with the flow type of dad unlike Harvey's Father...

Wally frowned as he thought about Mr Kinkle and his abusive tendencies. He worried about Harvey a lot, living in that house with his old man, the fact that Harvey's brother Tommy was there did little to make him feel better about the situation. He had promised to himself a while ago that if Harvey's dad ever laid a hand on his son he would intervene, a promise he had told the boy in question much to his chargin, Harvey insisting he could tale care of himself.

Lost in thought Wally barely had enough time to react as a deer ran out infront of his truck. Pulling the steering wheel to the side trying avoid it the truck span out of control skidding to a halt on the opposite side of the road.

Recovering from his initial shock Wally looked around staring out of the trucks aged windows trying to catch a glimpse of the deer. Not seeing the animal Wally did one of the worst things you could do in a horror movie and got out of the car. Stepping once more into the cold night air.

The darkness of night doing little to hide his surroundings Wally was thankful once more for his heritage, his Seelie side allowing him heightened senses. Without it he was sure he would have been even more freaked out.

After searching around for the deer Wally was startled yet again by his phone going off back in truck, letting out a very unmanly yelp not unlike that of a puppy.

Not wanting to be out any longer he went back to the truck quickly checking his phone, rolling his eyes when he saw it was a message from Harvey letting him know that the movie his friends had seen had just finished before going on about how Sabrina hadn't even been scared by it.

Pulling up his families driveway Wally was to wrapped up in his jealous thoughts of how Sabrina probably wouldn't yelp at forrest animals to think about why a disappearing deer would be in the middle of the town.

Heading quietly inside he made his way up the small two story house before stripping to his underwear and crashing down onto his bed overwhelmed by the ride home. Falling soundly asleep within moments.