Chapter 3 - Mother Knows Best

Picking himself off the restroom floor Wally flushed the toilet confident there was nothing more left in his stomach to bring up

Picking himself off the restroom floor Wally flushed the toilet confident there was nothing more left in his stomach to bring up. Moving to the sinks he twisted the cold tap on before splashing himself with the water, hoping to wash away the toxic feeling he got from Mrs Wardwell.

"What the fuck was that?" The boy asked the tiled walls.

Knowing he should never ignore these gut feelings and that he would have to look into this Wally started to form a gameplan.

He could try and visit the local group of witches The Church of Night he supposed... but he didn't know any of the members annoyingly.

Or he could try good old doctor google... but he didn't really have anything to go off and even then the internet wasn't always the most reliable.

Which left one path.

"Mother" he sighed to himself slumping his head dejectedly.

As much as he despises her she is his best bet to figuring this out. For a woman who couldn't lie she always found ways to twist things, nothing she said was to be taken at face value.

Wanting to get this visit over as soon as possible and definitely not wanting to encounter Mrs Wardwell again Wally decided to just ditch the rest of school entirely.

Flicking a quick text to Harvey saying he wasn't feeling well and not to worry he was just heading home Wally raced to the car park quickly avoiding the schools groundsmen.

————————————————————————

Driving as far into the woods between Greendale and Sweetwater river as he could he walked the rest of the way to his destination.
Deep within the woods heart lies an entrance to the Seelie court, many exist around the world taking countless forms from ring of mushrooms to gaps in trees with split trunks.

Greendales door was but a shallow pond of water unnaturally still no mater how the wind above blew, reflecting its surroundings perfectly like a mirror.

Wally made quick work finding it following the small pull in his stomach, his Fae side drawing him closer to what it thought was its home. But he knew that it wasn't... not truely, he was torn between two worlds never quite belonging to either.

Stepping into the small clearing that housed the pond Wally kicked off his shoes before placing his wallet and phone in them. He also added his jeans and jacket to the pile not wanting to get them wet and ruin them.

Standing in his tshirt and boxers he moved to its edge. The brunette looked at his reflection taking in his appearance, he always felt it was different when looking in the pond his ears always seeming more pointed, his teeth sharper and his skin clearer more ethereal.

Placing one foot in its waters wincing at its unnaturally cold touch he quickly placed his other foot in making his way to its centre. Ending up in the middle of the pond with the water up to his shins Wally closed his eyes and took a deep breath.