Chapter 4 - I spy

Mind reeling from the revelation that one of his friends was a witch Wally drove straight home

Mind reeling from the revelation that one of his friends was a witch Wally drove straight home. His trip to see his mother had ended up raising more questions than answers.

Entering his house as quietly as he could so as not to alert his dad. Not seeing him anywhere he snuck upstairs into his room and locked the door.

Sabrina definitely wasn't a full blooded witch of that he was sure, she wouldn't be attending a mortal High school if she was. He needed to find out more though and figure out if the Spellman's knew about him.

He was sure there would be wards up around the mortuary protecting it from intruders and scrying but he was also confident that his magic could slip past without detection.

Unlike the magic witches used that required rituals or verbal and somatic actions, the magic of the fey was instinctual, very much an extension of themselves. It was a power witches could only partially understand and protect themselves from.

He had a plan. Just as his mother used the birds the bees and the bugs to be her spies listening in on everything happening in the mortal world, so would he.

Opening one of his windows Wally closed his eyes and reached out with his mind. Calling out to nature to help him. Then with a soft flutter of delicate wings a brilliant blue butterfly landed on his windowsill.

Smiling a little Wally gently picked up the butterfly and whispered "Go to the Spellman's little one, be my eyes."

————————————————————————

Fluttering up to the second story of the Spellman's Wally landed underneath an open window, listening carefully he could only hear muffled voices. Finding another window to spy from he came across Sabrina talking to what Wally assumed to be a warlock from the vibes he was giving off.

"Trust me dear cousin its better to cut things off with your friends now, than have them coming around asking for you when you have attend the academy of unseen arts." The man stated.

"Why can't I just do both Ambrose who would I be hurting?" Sabrina fired back seeming more and more irate.

"Thats just the way it is cousin." Said the warlock Ambrose Wally corrected in his head.

"I just don't see why I should have to break up with Harvey." She replied sadly playing with her hands sadly.

The statement almost caused Wally to break his connection with the butterfly. Should Sabrina have to attend this new school it would apparently mean se would have to break up with Harvey.

Wally should have felt bad for how excited he felt at the prospect but he couldn't find it in himself. His attraction to Harvey outweighing his sadness for Sabrina having to leave her friends including him behind.

Deciding that he had got enough confirmation that his secret was safe he returned to his own body letting the butterfly go about the rest of its day in peace.

————————————————————————

Opening his eyes Wally was forced to blink a couple times to focus them. He always hated how he felt after merging with animals, it was like waking up from a nap with a slight headache and your mouth feeling like it had been stuffed with wool.

Checking his phone for the time he noticed Harvey had messaged him asking if he was okay and if it was all good for him to come over, his father had been giving him a hard time again.

Wally flicked him a quick reply saying he would meet up with him at the park near his house. It wasn't until a few minutes later when he saw Harvey waling across the park to meet him that he realised his slip up.

"Hey Wally I thought you said you where sick but no offence dude but you look fine." Harvey said in lieu of a greeting, his face scrunching up in confusion.

A little thrown off Wally scrambled for an excuse. "Oh yeah I was feeling nauseous but yea I got better." He finished lamely staring down at his feet.

"Oh okay." The other boy replied looking out across the park.

"So whats up with the old man?" Wally said hoping to divert Harvey's attention away from his terrible excuses.

Harvey Sighed to himself either from the mention of his dad or because he knew that Wally was changing the subject. "He just keeps riding my case about getting a job at the mines, he knows how much I hate them."

"You've never told me why you hate them so much Harvey, is it okay if I was why?" Wally asked tentatively seeing this was a touchy subject for the other boy.

"I just don't like them thats all." Harvey said shutting off slightly. "Can we please change the topic?"

"What to?" Wally said obligingly not wanting to push the boy ignoring the voice in the back of his head saying Sabrina probably knows why he doesn't like the mines.

"I don't know um... seen any cute boys lately?" Harvey said his cheeks becoming a spotted pink as he realised how that made them sound like middle schoolers.

"Oh please the only hot guys are either straight doochebag footballers or taken." Wally laughed unable to stop the fits of giggles coming out of him.

"I can't believe you think those meat slabs masquerading as footballers are hot." Harvey teased bumping shoulders with Wally.

Wally could feel his ears burn as he realised how close Harvey was to him. He could count each eyelash on the other boys face he was that close. Harvey had always had the most amazing eyes in Wallys opinion they where a deep warm brown with little flecks in them, eyes that were currently looking at him very confused.

Jumping back like he had been touched by iron Wally muttered some lame sentence about it being late and bolted. Ignoring Harvey's confused calls as he ran back to his house.

All he could think about was how Harvey had seen him pretty much eyefucking him at close range.

Jogging up the driveway to his house Wallys night took an even worse turn as he opened his from door and came face to face with his father. His father who did not look pleased on bit.

"Tell me son why did I get a call from the school asking me why you weren't there from half your classes today?" His dad asked crossing his arms in front of him.