Chapter 2 - You with her

-This chapter contains strong language-

It was the sound of pots and pans clanking from downstairs that woke Wally the next day. Groaning in annoyance his gaze flicked to his alarm clock which showed he still had an hour before he had to be at school.

Slowly rising and getting ready for the day ahead, he dressed in the cleanest clothes grabbed from one of piles on the floor, he then made his way to the bathroom, thankfully empty.

Grabbing his toothbrush and loading it with toothpaste he stared up at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. He was once more bombarded with thoughts of jealousy towards a certain blonde friend of his. He hated the fact this happens, Sabrina was a nice enough girl and she was enjoyably company who more importantly made Harvey happy.

One of the downfalls of the Fae was their perchant for jealousy something that Wally had not escaped from. Sighing he rinsed his mouth and headed downstairs taking in the rustic kitchen of the Grace household.

Cream paint covered the four walls chipped in places with cracks running along the windowsills overlooking the driveway. Money had been tight lately even with both Cas and him helping out around their fathers garage.

Standing over the oven ladling some very lumpy looking pancake mix onto a pan was his half-sister Cassidy.

Brown hair tucked up in a messy bun she looked hard at work. "I hope thats not meant for us Cas? it doesn't look FDA approved sis" Wally teased sticking a finger in the batter and licking it.

"Oh haha Wally very funny its not like your a better cook mr 'I burned easy mac'" Cas fired back eyebrow raised challengingly putting a hand on her hip.

"Hey I never said I was a good cook" the brunette boy defended raising his hands in surrender.

"Well don't just stand there and critique my pancakes grab some plates and set the table I want to treat dad to a nice breakfast for once"

————————————————————————

Pulling into the carpark of Baxter High Wally was once more hit with that twist in his gut from the night before. Steeling himself he locked up Ol'Blue before heading inside for homeroom.

The halls bustling with teenagers trying to get ready for the day as well as the occasional teacher. Wally noticed a group of footballers mocking a hunched figure against the lockers.

"Do you even have breasts dyke!" One of the neanderthals mocked.

Recognising the figure as his friend Susie Wallys vision went red. Marching up the jocks he grabbed one back with surprising force for someone so lithe.

"Back the fuck off dickweeds!" Wally ground out menacingly his dark eyes drilling holes into the other boys daring them to respond.

"Oh looks like the dyke has a friend, what are you gonna do faggot?" Barked back Billy Marlin the jocks ringleader.

The whole hallway seemed to dim a little casting dark shadows across Wallys face. "what did you just call me?" He asked in a low tone.

The hairs on Billy's neck had started to stand up and upon hearing Wallys tone a chill had gone down his spine. "I-i said f-fagot." Billy responded trying and failing to sound tough when every fibre in his being was telling him to high tale it out of there.

It was only the arrival of Sabrina who quickly herded them away from the jocks that diffused the situation.

————————————————————————

"Women helping women?" Wally asked later on at lunch. Their friend group had situated themselves outside at one of the tables, Ros and Susie at each of his sides with Harvey and Sabrina cuddled up opposite to him.

"Yeah its this amazing idea Brina had for a club to help support people like Susie here from idiots like Billy Marlin." Harvey gushed hugging his girlfriend tighter, Sabrina practically preening herself in his arms.

It felt like there was a snake slowly constricting itself around Wally's heart.

"Thats such a great idea Sabrina." Wally managed to get out.

"Anyway I just remembered I needed to grab something from my locker before Algebra next so don't let me keep you guys." Rising quickly the half-fae made his was back inside leaving the group to exchange confused looks with each other.

Fists clenched tightly together Wally didn't notice Mrs Wardwell turning the corner into him.

Managing not to fall over himself Wally instinctively grabbed her arm to stabilise her an apology already on his lips when his words froze in his mouth.

That feeling of dread that had been haunting him since last night was back with a vengeance and it left the hand holding Mrs Wardwell burning with a sinister energy. Yanking his hand back quickly Wally muttered a quick apology before practically sprinting away.

He lunched himself into the nearest restroom he could find before finding an empty stall and vomiting up his lunch. Acid burned the back of his throat the taste of bile lingering.

Mind racing, Wally knew two things for certain one his jealousy for Sabrina was getting out of hand and two there was something seriously wrong with Mrs Wardwell.