Ch. 4

Edited: 1/6/17

(Lauren's POV)

I woke up to a flight attendant telling me that we have landed in North Carolina.

I made it to my new home. It was weird to be back in North Carolina, but I would have to get used to it.

I went to the luggage area and grabbed my suitcases. I sat down and called my aunt Elizabeth.

L: Hey Aunt Elizabeth. I made it to North Carolina.

E: Yay! I'm on my way with Hayes and Skylynn. We will be there soon.

L: Okay! See you soon.

I hung up the phone with her and decided to go wait outside of the airport. Hmm I wonder if Skylynn was her daughter. I bet she's adorable. I only got to see pictures of her as a baby baby. She's probably four or five.

I heard a car honk and someone come out. I looked up. I knew it was my aunt. She was holding a little girl in her arms. Then I saw a boy come out of the car.

"Lauren!! " The boy said and ran up to me and hugged me

"Hayes? " I whispered and he looked at me.

"Your taller than me! What the heck! " I said in amazment. He was so tall and looked completely different.

"Yeah. It's been a couple of years. I'm fourteen." Hayes said to me

" Wow. At first I didn't even know it was you. The last time I saw you. Nash and I were always messing around with you" I said and we laughed.

"Lauren! Sweetie! How are you doing? " Elizabeth said to me and put Skylynn down

She hugged me. "I'm doing okay. I'm guessing this is Skylynn? " I said and bent down to Skylynn's height

"Yeah. Oh yeah. You haven't met her before.." She said to me

"Hi I'm Skylynn. I'm five and I like horses." Skylynn said to me and hugged me

"We should get going. It's suppose to rain. Nash is at home with his friends. So you get to meet him and his friends when we get home" Elizabeth said.

When she said home. I wanted to start crying but I didn't want to cry anymore. I was tired of everyone worrying about me.

"Okay let's go! " I said in a good mood and put my suitcases in the trunk

"Hayes! Back seat! Let your cousin have the front. " Elizabeth said to Hayes. He got in the back by Skylynn.

I got in and buckled up. I took my phone out and texted Arden.

L: Hey how's everything over there?

A: Good. I'm going to a party with Lexi and Hayley

L: That's good. Have fun. I'll ttyl.

Lexi and Hayley were from the soccer team. They always go to parties. I usually went with Jacob but I'm all the way in North Carolina.

"So do you play any sports? " Elizabeth asked while keeping her eye on the rode

"Yeah. I've been playing soccer since I moved to DC. We had a tournament this weekend but umm.. everything with my parents happened.. " I said and smiled at her

" What happened to your mommy and daddy?" Skylynn asked me

I looked at Elizabeth and she smiled at me

"Well my mommy and daddy went up to heaven." I tired to explain to a five year old. I didn't know how to explain.

"With Jesus,?" She asked me