Chapter 7 New Dress

Alice's POV

The Masquerade is tonight, I bought my dress, my shoes, accessories, mask, everything. But with the horrid news of last night still embedded into my sub-conscience, I'm still not in the right mindset to attend. Bella has tried to cheer me up, and she has taken note of my peculiar behavior. I suspect she's going to try some extravagant gesture to cheer me up. I stopped by the library to clear my thoughts. entering the glimmering room I trotted to the back gently pressing my fingertips along the delicate spines of the books, different sizes, shapes, colors, every single book is different, that why I love them, a forest green book caught my eye, on the front it had a golden tree, with cursive letters on the bottom, it was French, the book was written in French, flipping through the crisp, yellow pages of the book, I stopped at a poem, the ink danced along the weathered pages like a beautiful dance. I was enchanted, this book, was amazing. I checked it out with the librarian and started reading it in my pod.

Bella's POV

I can't get the awful news out my head, poor Alice, poor Mrs. Hathaway, this is just mortifying, maybe I can get her back in high spirits at the dance, possibly, I can't even get Aiden to talk to her! Maybe I can trick him into talking to her, but he's not gonna fall for it. If I tell him the news, it will break him. I know he likes Alice, I can see it in his eyes when he looks at her. I need to get ready for the dance and convince Alice to go, I hate seeing her like this. But she's been in her pod reading, the only way to get her out of her pod is find someway, maybe I can get Aiden to talk to her, only If i convince him. Aiden is a extremely witty person, not much can get past him.

Alice's POV

After reading the first chapter, I decided to change my dress, I can make it, I've always been gifted at sewing. I want my new dress to look like the main characters dress in my book, which is called "Les essais d'amour" which translates to "The Trials of Love" It's about a young girl who grew up in France, but falls in love with an English man on a vacation. Their love is put through many endearing trials, I decided to change my dress to the one that Isadora wears on her first date with Lucius, It's light lavender off the shoulder with gold highlights, this will take me about an hour to make, I should get started.

 Their love is put through many endearing trials, I decided to change my dress to the one that Isadora wears on her first date with Lucius, It's light lavender off the shoulder with gold highlights, this will take me about an hour to make, I shoul...