Chapter 7

"Aahhhhh!" Eddie and I screamed as we fell. I. Regret. Listening. To. Dawn.

"Where did you go! Where did you go!" Yelled Eddie as we fell closer and closer to the ground.

"Dawn!" I screamed in fear. My stomach was doing flips. Then, we stopped. I looked up at my hand...well Dawn's hand... or our hand, I don't know! We held onto the building.

"Oh my god... I don't wike it." I whispered as I looked down at the ground. We were just dangling there. I felt the wind blow on us. I shivered.

I got us.

I've never felt so glad.

"Woah!" Eddie stared at the ground. Dawn and Venom came back out and we went back up a few levels. We crashed into a window. We rolled over a desk and flipped onto the floor.

"Ow!" Eddie and I both groaned.

"Again?!" Eddie exclaimed. We stood up.

"Your gonna get us killed." I looked out the broken window. Holy shit!

"You could just exchange my carcass and get a new one whenever you need." Eddie grabbed a book a paper and a pen. I have to show him how to talk to Venom privately. I peeked over his shoulder and watched him write.

"Do the right thing... shithead!" I laughed. I heard Dawn laugh too. "Nice one Eddie."

"Thanks." He put his phone on the table. "Here's your evidence."

Eddie looked at the window, and so did I.

Jump.

I saw Eddie's eyes widened. I knew he wasn't going to do it. I know this is weird, but I wanna. I was scared the first time, but I know Dawn won't let us fall. I smiled at Eddie as he started to walk away.

"Here goes nothing!" I ran towards the window.

"Hailey!" I jumped. I was screaming, but laughing at the same time. We got closer to the ground and Dawn came out. We landed on the ground and nothing happened. We never got hurt. Dawn disappeared back inside me.

Nice one! I feel bad for Venom. Eddie's a... what do you humans call it... oh scaredy cat!

That's true!

I laughed. I walked towards the entrance and saw men with guns and armour on. Oh great! Some turned around and saw me. They lifted their guns.

"Hands!" Someone yelled. I looked over the men and saw Eddie. They were red dots on both of our chests. We raised our hand. I smirked at Eddie and he seemed a little scared. He wasn't scared for himself... he was scared for them. "On the ground! NOW!"

"Guys, y-you do not want this. Trust me." Eddie told them. I looked up and some men on the next level.

"Masks!"

"Copy."

"Yes sir."

They started to put on masks. Oh man... it's about to go down.

"Alright have it your way." I smirked at the men. Eddie nodded at me.

"Masks!" Eddie yelled.

Copy.

Dawn came out and so did Venom.

"What the hell are they!" They began to shot at us. The bullets did nothing. Dawn stuck out her tongue. A grenade was shot at Venom, but he caught it. The smoke from the grenade surround us. It would be hard to see if we were me, but Dawn had better sight. Another was shot at us and Dawn caught it with her mouth. More smoke appeared.

"Flares!" Red flares could be seen. Dawn grabbed a man from behind and threw him into a wall. She did the same to another man. Venom jumped into the air and threw two men into a window.

"Anyone got eyes on them!" A voice was heard. Dawn threw a man into a sniper on the next level railing. Venom threw two other men. We stopped for a moment to scare the men.

"Where is it?!"

We jumped in front of the men lined up. They began shooting but Venom took their guns. We knocked them down.

"Grenade!"

Venom groaned as he was hit, but not injured. More shooting. Dawn felt a grenade hit her. She turned and threw the man away and climbed up a few levels. Venom came up too.

"Above!"

They shot at us as we tried to dodge the bullets. We jumped through the rafters. Some bullets hit us, but they did nothing. I don't get why their still firing! Dawn knocked down part of the rafters. It fell to the ground with a clang. Venom grabbed a guy and hit everyone with him. Dawn jumped down on two guys and threw two more at the wall. Dawn and Venom looked up and roared. Then there was one guy trying to shot Dawn. Venom growled and walked closer the the guy. He tried to crawl away, but venom grabbed him and lifted him up. Venom looked at the man hungrily. I heard Eddie yell.

"No! We do not eat police men!" I chuckled. I shouldn't be laughing but I couldn't help it. It's like watching a mom scolding their kid. I heard a woman scream. We looked over and saw Anne. Venom dropped the man. Anne looked scared. Venom and Dawn walked towards her, letting me and Eddie out as we walked. Anne backed up. Anne started to run.

"Wait! Wait!" Eddie yelled as he started to run. I sighed and ran too.

"Eddie! Hailey! What the hell is that?!" Anne yelled as tried to get away. We walked closer to her.

"That's what I mean!" Eddie pointed over at the men laying unconscious. She started to ramble and was gasping for air. She being scared is an understatement.

"They're inside of us."

"What?!"

"Yes! I don't know- I know it sounds crazy, but-." Eddie was panting and so was I. God! I gotta start working out man!

But you are already fit, Hailey. No need.

Why thank you Dawn, but I'm not used to that much jumping and I don't have great stamina.

"Eddie your really sick-!"

"I am really scared!" He yelled. I looked over at him. What? He never told me that. I walked to his side and rubbed his shoulder.

"How come you didn't tell me that?" I asked softly. He looked at at me.

"I just- I don't know. I-I saw how good you handled it and I was trying, but I- I can't." He stared at me with sad eyes.

"Just because I handled it easier doesn't mean I'm not scared. I have no idea what my life is going to be like ahead, but I know that I will get through it. And you can too. Dawn is now apart of me and I'm going to have to live with her. You'll just have to do the same with Venom." I smiled softly at him and he smiled back. He grabbed my face and kissed me with so much passion. I kissed him back. I heard Anne clear her throat. Me and Eddie pulled away and looked over to a very uncomfortable Anne.

"You two are... together?" She asked shocked and confused. I blushed and Eddie cleared his throat. I looked up at Eddie.

"Yes we are." He smiled down at me. I grinned at him. Anne nodded with a small smile. She told us to follow her and we did. We got in her car and drove away.