Chapter 20

Y/N's P.O.V

I slowly open my eyes when I feels arms wrapped around me and a soft voice speaks.

"What's wrong?" That soft voice was Shuyang's.

I can't lie to him this time. He's found me here crying, and if I tell him that nothing is wrong he would never believe me.

I look at him, wiping my eyes, drying my tears, "...I have nightmares."

He looks at me wiredly, "You have nightmares? Everyone had nightmares."

He obviously doesn't understand what I mean by that.

"No Shuyang... I have nightmares. It's they start out as normal nightmares. You know, they scare me a little bit and then I wake up right before I die. But, once I wake up everything is still there.
Most of the time it involves this shadow figure. It has yellow eyes and chains hanging from it's wrists. Wherever it is, it always has an ax not to far away. "

He looks at me and nods, slowly starting to understand what I'm saying.

I then continue, "For the last few I've been having this nightmare where I'm sitting in a chair and you're there, standing behind a white glass wall. And the shadow is trying to kill me. Every time, you end up trying to save me, but every time you end up being killed. And then after that the shadow kills me as well. "

Shuyang nods once more, he then hold out his arms, indicating that I can highschool him if I need it, or if I want it. I slowly wrap my arms around him. His arms  wrap around me and he rubs my back with his hand.

I dig my head into his chest. The smell of cloth from Shuyang's clothes fills my nose. It acts as a drug and makes me close my eyes. His body is warm and his touch is calming. It causes me to forget about the events prior.

It makes me forget about my talk with my table mates. Forget about the time in the nurse's office. Forget about the time in the library. And forget a whole 2 years with Shuyang. I forget about that day.

That day doesn't matter anymore.

People change and so do feelings.

The words of the voices in my head were right. I should stop pretending. It's strange how you could be doing something but not realizing it. But when you finally realize it, it's as if a weight is being lifted off of your shoulders.