Chapter 22

Y/N's P.O.V

"Happy birthday to you~! Happy birthday to you~! Happy birthday dear Y/N~! Happy birthday to you~!" They all sing.

I smile and blow out my candles, making a wish.

After me and Shuyang had our talk in the dark bedroom and slow danced for a while, we came back to the backyard. Right now, he's standing behind me watching as I blow out my candles. I haven't seen he shadow since we got here.

My mom then begins to cut the cake. She gives me a slice and I begin to eat it. Everyone else soon gets their slices. Shuyang sits in the seat next to the one I'm sitting in and begins to eat his cake.

My mom comes over to me and says something, to which I turn to my dad surprised.

"You agreed?!" I say, the surprise obviously lacing my voice.

My dad chuckles and nods, "I figured that you and your mother wanted it. And I'm slightly tired of her begging."

I smile with a small laugh, taking another bite of my cake.

"Here." Shuyang says, giving me a small gift bag, "It's your birthday present. From me."

"Thank you." I smile at him and take a box out of the bag.

I open the box and take out a necklace. I study the gem in the shape of a heart.

"What is it?" I ask.

"A (Your birth month) gem stone."

I look at it again and nod, smiling widely.

"Here." He took it out of my hands and made me turn around. He put it on me, "There."

I turn back around and look down at the necklace. The gemstone takes the shape of a heart, and it makes me slightly confused, "Why a heart?"

He looks at me and smiles, "Nothing that you need to worry about."

I smile, "I know I've already said it... Twice... But thank you, Shuyang. Thank you for it all."

" 'It all'?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Thank you for coming here. Thank you for the necklace. Thank you for listening to me tell you about my nightmares. Thank you for everything, really." I say.

He smiles and hugs me, "You are very welcome Y/N. But I have one question."

"What is it"

"Do you still hate me?"

I tighten the hug a little. "Of course not."