Chapter 3

The forest was dark and dreadful, my skin prickling with goosebumps. I stole a quick glance of him behind my shoulder, pursing my lips. "Where are you taking me?" I asked him slowly, trying to keep my composure with the pulsating pain radiating through me. 

I received no answer, only being met with a small scoff by the stranger. He's surely talkative... 

"Would you at least care to tell me your name?" I asked sharply. 

The man gave a vexed sigh. "My name is Roan, King of the Ice Nation." He declared firmly. I cursed under my breath and internally groaned. 

"So what do you want with me? I have no business with the Ice Nation." I growled, my demeanor shifting drastically. I suppose he didn't approve of my tone, as he quickly pulled the reins of the horse, causing us to jolt to a stop.

I clutched my bleeding stomach, wincing as a grunt fell from my lips. "You're certainly a charmer." I grumbled. He dismounted his horse and grabbed my arm,  throwing me over his shoulder once more. 

"I just happen to stumble upon you, girl. I have yet to decide your fate." He replied in a hushed tone, walking into a more crowded area of trees, trusting his mare would remain put. I was about to refute, but caught my tongue  when I heard the faint sounds and murmurs of some people in the distance beyond the clutter of trees. 

"Where are we going?" I asked Roan crossly, excusing the voices. I suppose this was just the universe's way of getting back at me for all of the crimes I've committed. I suppose it's fair and all, but being kidnapped after being kidnapped isn't exactly ideal. Especially since I was on a mission for my Master. 

"To my Kingdom, but someone else is here and I don't need anyone else potentially tracking us. Now shut up, your voice is annoying." He growled at me. I scoffed, rolling my eyes. 

"Well pardon me, your highness!" I replied sarcastically, my tone tinted with venom. "You are not my King. And I shall not dare treat you as such." 

He cast me a plain look, my words not phasing him. He is one cocky son of a bi- "Ow!" I gasped, as he plopped me on the ground, my back bruising a tad. My head slammed against the harsh cold forest floor, and I slowly sat up, my wounds stinging intensely. "What the hell are you doing?!" I snapped at him with a glare. "You are really getting on my nerves, I should just-" without warning, he dropped to the ground, pressing me back down, hovering over me. I looked up at him in confusion, when he then slammed his lips onto mine. 

My heart quickened it's pace, my mind fuzzy. He stole a kiss, but it was cold, icy and reserved, the man pulling away slightly. "I told you to shut up. There are some rebels up ahead." Roan whispered against my lips. I didn't say anything as he glanced up to see if the rebels had heard me. The expression he carried was calm, so I assume that the rebels hadn't noticed us. Tch...

I then screamed. 

His sharp, annoyed gaze met my smug little face, as he groaned and rolled his eyes. "Their deaths are on you." He remarked, crawling to his feet. I saw him draw his blade, approaching the  handful of rebels that scowled at him, their weapons drawn as well. I rolled onto my knees, a sharp pain bursting through me. With some effort, I managed to awkwardly get to my feet. My eyes saw Roan pull a blade on the first rebel, slicing his throat so easily as if he were simply breathing. Damn. That was kinda hot. He became surrounded by three other rebels, as they circled the King slyly. 

I moved back a bit deeper into the forest, trying to conceal myself. The last rebel heard my movement, locking his eyes onto mine. "Shit." I said under my breath. I then made a run for it, sprinting as fast as I possibly could with my current injuries. Hearing the sound of a few bodies crumble to the ground in the distance, my observation became dulled when I heard the noise of the rebel pulling out a sword. My legs ached, any past adrenaline melting away, allowing my body to feel the weighing burden of my excruciating wounds. I felt his hand grab my arm, and I struggled out of his grasp, my eyes widening at the sight of the rebel swinging his sword at me. 

Then, his body tensed, and he fell to the ground like a brick, his sword falling from his grip. I released a shaky breath, looking up and seeing Roan. He held one of the Rebel's bows, a small smirk gracing his face. My gaze shifted to the body once more, my eyes sliding over the arrow piercing the rebel's heart.