Chapter 3: Master Class Shocks

Welcome to Chapter 3 of this book. I hope you are liking the way the story is going so far. Now, before I begin a huge thank you to everyone who voted and commented on the previous chapters. I love you!

I can't make Performances as good as I make the battles, so please bear through this chapter. And I might have made the format different to the anime one.  

MASTER CLASS SHOCKS!

It finally was the day of the Master Class. The day 16 lucky Pokemon Performers had been waiting for the past year. They had gone through several challenges, trials, defeats and tests. But the young and brave girls had passed these tests bravely, landing a place in the second biggest event in Kalos.

Unlike the normal Showcases, there was no Theme Round in this event, as Performers in the Master Class were thought to be above that level. Instead, there were three rounds of Freestyle Performances. The first 16 got divided into groups of 4, with only one Performer progressing from each group. Next up, the four performers were split into groups of two, with the better Performer progressing into the Finals. And, when a Performer wins the Final, she gets the chance to face the reigning Kalos Queen, Aria!

As usual, the fans voted for the best Performance through their glow sticks. But this time around, people could vote from all around Kalos through their mobile phones. It would not be an exaggeration to say that maybe, most of the Kalosian people were hooked to their devices.

First round

The budding Performers were split into groups of four, with notable names being Serena in Group A, Nini in Group B, Shauna in Group C and Miette in Group D. These four Performers, all fierce rivals, were the ones most were looking forward to, though. And they were not disappointed; the other Performers in their respective groups stood no chance against them.

So, it was Round 2 of the Master Class; and four fierce rivals-cum-friends were up against each other. This could only end in tears.

Second Round

For the second round, the groups were: Shauna and Nini, Serena and Miette.

In the first semi-final, Shauna and Nini had both put on great Performances , but ultimately, Shauna had passed into the finals with about 50 more votes.

In the second semi final, Serena and Miette put on spectacular Performances, absolutely captivating the crowd. After a very close voting process where the crowd couldn't differentiate the number of votes of the huge virtual screen, it emerged that Serena had won the round, by less than 10 votes.

Of course, Nini and Miette were broken, to have their dreams crushed so close to the end. Shauna and Serena did their best to cheer them up, but, they both said only one thing with great sportsmanship.

"Win this for us."

Final

It was the time for the finals.

Serena vs. Shauna.

A Performer with a greater dependence on Fire-Types against a Performer with a dependence on Grass Types.

Serena was up first, and conjured up one of her best Performances to date. Sylveon, Pancham and Braixen danced and hopped about in perfect sync with Serena. With Sylveon's Fairy Wind and Braixen's Fire Blast, they created a huge golden star than hung in the air. Pancham then fired a Dark Pulse from right under it, causing the flower to 'bloom' and burst into beautiful golden sparkles.