Chapter 4: Forming a Team

Hello all and welcome to Chapter 4 of TATQ. This story is making slow but steady progress on Wattpad and it is all thanks to you guys. Thanks a lot!

I would like to thank all those who voted for Chapter 3, as well as Chapters 2 and 1, and left a comment. I would like to ask you to kindly leave feedback for small corrections in the chapters, as these parts were written in May.

Enough rambling, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

FORMING A TEAM

It had been three days since Ash and Aria had started travelling together. They had told their Pokemon the situation, and unsurprisingly, all Pokemon were there to comfort Ash.

Just a day ago, Ash had got the information that the Kalos League would be held in Lumiose City for the first time in 7 years. Apparently, a huge stadium was being constructed. It was said to have multiple battlefields like valleys, forests, city etc. It was even said to have retractable roofs.

Needless to say, Ash was excited to battle in such a stadium

Needless to say, Ash was excited to battle in such a stadium. If this really turned out as described, it would be far bigger than anything he had previously battled in. 

Thankfully, Aria had not been getting that much attention. She was right when she had said that the moment you lose something, people in Kalos forget you. Ash had bought her some new clothes, which were mostly white, red and pink.

As for Aria, she had never been happier. Even though she actually had no money, she had got a great friend in Ash. Seeing him train, she couldn't believe he hadn't won a league before. But, she realised that Ash probably got caught up helping his companions on their journeys. He liked to train himself along with his Pokemon as well, stating that he wouldn't be a good trainer if he sat and gave commands while his Pokemon worked hard.

But, one thing was bugging her. Ash must have had lots of Pokemon from travelling 5 regions, but he didn't bring them back anytime. She had heard stories of his Charizard beating an Articuno, his Sceptile beating a Darkrai, his Infernape defeating 3 of Paul's Pokemon on his own, the panic he caused in Unova when his Garchomp used Earthquake. But, he stuck to training Pokemon he got in Kalos, like Hawlucha and Noivern. Not that they weren't strong, but surely his aces were stronger?

Upon being asked, Ash laughed out and said, "I get that a lot. But see, if I used Charizard and Pikachu as my aces in every region, I wouldn't have caught half the Pokemon I have now. Going through a whole region with them, defeating Gyms, fighting off Team Rocket, stopping threats to the regions – these made us stronger. That is the reason why I have so many fully-evolved Pokemon, the variety they give me is unparalleled. I can go for speed and attack with Pidgeot, or go for heavy hitting with Torterra or Snorlax. Besides, my Pokemon don't really mind staying back at Oak's Lab, as they have each other and know that I love them equally, no matter type, shape, style." He looked over to his Pokemon, who were playing with each other, except Greninja of course.