Chapter Three

After many hours of dancing, I was now on my break before the special guests arrive. I wouldn't mind if they didn't show at all, then I could go home early.

"Akua, you're up soon," some girl said. I didn't bother learning their names since they weren't important to me. I might sound harsh, but there's no point in knowing their names if we rarely speak.

I gave her a thumbs up before getting off the couch. Looking in the mirror, I smiled seeing that my wig was in an okay condition. I was just dying to snatch it off and scratch my scalp.

I could only wear my wigs for a week or two, whilst some of the girls here wear theirs for a month or more. I always wondered how they were able to do so and if they even had a scalp.

I did a quick touch up to my makeup and slid on my heels before stepping out. I swayed my hips to the blaring music as I felt lots of gazing on me.

It didn't take long for me to spot the men that I would be entertaining. They were all well built and even though they were wearing suits, I could tell they were heavily inked because of their necks.

I did a light little dance as I made my way to the pole in front of their booth. My legs moving in sync with the music as my hair did a little movement.

I gave the Dj a little wave which was his que to change the music to something more of my style. The moment my hands wrapped around the pole, all thoughts of my aching foot vanished.

I allowed the music to flow within me and let it take control. I was swinging around and doing a few of my special tricks as the men whistled at me. My body had a mind of its own as I began whining and belly dancing.

The whole time I was dancing, I was unable to remove my eyes from one of the men. He was quite handsome and had tattoos all over his arms. He also had long, brown dreadlocks.

He was also staring at me intensly almost as if we had an instant connection. I felt my heart pounding in my chest which surprised me.

When the second song came on, my clothes came off. The men cheers got louder as their eyes roamed my body. I didn't have a problem with it as I loved to flaunt what I was blessed with.

The mysterious guy was looking at me like a predator eyeing its prey which I wasn't used to. Usually, I was the predator but I guess not this time.

When the song's beat dropped, so did I. I was now twerking while in a split and loving the attention which I was recieving.

After what seemed like forever, my dance was over and I wasted no time in getting to the dressing room. I checked the time and was shocked to see that it was going to one in the morning.

All my thoughts was of my little girl as I hurriedly packed my bag. I didn't want to waste another second here. I knew she was capable of taking care of herself but my motherly instincts were kicking in.

Mizzy had already left so my other option was to run home. One of my many specialties was running which is passed down in my bloodline.

That was also one of the reasons why my feet was always hurting in addition to dancing. I am always moving around.

On my way out, I told everyone goodnight before securing my bag on my back and running to my home. When I made it, I was panting like a dog while trying to catch my breath.

My mother would be so disappointed if she saw how out of shape I was after years of practicing. I really need to step my game up.

I let out a sigh before heading straight for my room after locking the door. When I entered the room, I saw my little angel snuggled up under the covers with a pillow.

I gave her a soft peck on the forehead before going to take a quick shower to help soothe my aching joints. When I finished, I put on some comfy clothes before going to bed.

Some time had passed and just as I was about to fall asleep, my phone got a notification. Wanting to know who could be messaging me at such late hours, I went to retrieve it from my bag.

I squinted my eyes at the bright screen in the dark room while trying to read the name.

All the message said was, "she's growing up so fast," from an unknown number.

I knew exactly who it was from as my heart pounded in my chest. I didn't think that I would have to be moving so soon, but that looked like my only option.

Letting go of all terrifying thoughts, I put the phone away and crawled back into bed. I wrapped my arms around Senait and closed my eyes awaiting sleep to take control.

For some reason, images of the mysterious tattooed man kept popping up in my head. I had other things to think about, yet he was on my mind.

It was then that I put two and two together and realized what I had gotten myself into.

I had just crossed paths with another supernatural being and that the reasons why I was feeling such an attraction towards him could only mean one thing. There was some sort of link towards us. Hopefully it is not a mating link.

Well then, guess I have another thing to worry about now. This is going to be tough.

Hey loves. Hope you all are doing just fine and enjoying this book so far.

Please let me know if the pace if moving along to quickly and how the character development is.

It's been a while since I've written so my writing is a bit rusty and I'm now just getting back into this.

Also, don't get too accustomed to such frequent updating since my exams are right around the corner.

I'll do my best to update when I can. Hope you all are having a lovely day or night where ever you may be.

mwah😗😗