Chapter Nine

It was a slow day at the strip club with very little customers. So the Bossman agreed to close early today because there was no point in staying open if  no one was coming in.

I didn't really care about that because there was more important matters swirling around in my head. A week had passed by and I still couldn't get my inner to tell me what was actually going on and it was driving me insane.

"You okay? You look stressed." Mizzy's voice brought me back to earth. 

"Uh, yeah. I'm fine just a tired a little bit." It wasn't exactly a lie because I was actually exhausted with the sudden change in things. 

She looked me up and down but didn't question any further, probably sensing that I didn't want to talk about it. "I'm going to pack my things up so if you need to talk you know where to find me."

I nodded my head and offered her a small smile. When she was gone, I grabbed my lighter and a pack of cigarettes and headed out to try to clear my head. Maybe some fresh air would help me come up with some sort of solution.

Finding a secluded spot behind the club, I leaned against the wall and began to puff out smoke. My eyes rolled back into my head as I tried to get in contact with my inner for the hundredth time.

"Shit," I spat out when it failed. This was wearing me out and I didn't like it one bit. I needed answers and I was willing to take extreme measures to get them. 

Thankfully for my luck, I didn't need to anymore because I smelt a familiar scent lingering in the air. The mysterious Mr. Devione was somewhere near me in hiding, probably observing me but why?

I exhaled another puff of smoke before sighing in satisfaction. It felt good finally knowing I won't have to pluck my hair out in frustration.

"Don't you know that smoking is bad for you?" His voice suddenly asked from my left. His grey eyes piercing through my soul.

"And don't you know that you should respect one's privacy?" I shot back. If he was here to lecture me about the consequences of smoking on my health then he could go right back to wherever he came from.

He sighed as if he was thinking about something. "Why did you break into my house?" I decided to get to business right away. There was no need to beat around the bush when I was dying for answers.

His eyes lit up in excitement. "What are you talking about?"

"Cut the crap, Soran. You left your mutt stench all over it," I said, surprising him as his eyes widened in confusion. "And I hope you found what you was looking for."

He seemed to be deep in thought before speaking. "How do you know what I am?" He questioned.

I wondered whether or not if I should tell him the truth. If I did, it could put me back on the radar and that would put my daughter in danger. So I decided it would be best if I didn't, after all, I don't even know him.

"A little birdie told me," I said sweetly. 

"And did that birdie tell you that you are what I am after, mate?"

My mouth fell open as I wondered how that was possible. "That is fucking ridiculous. How is that even possible. I mean, are you nuts? There must be some kind of mistake." I was mostly talking to myself but also him while slowly trying to back away.

"No, the Moon Goddess have never made a mistake," he said automatically. 

I began to slowly make my way around him. "Well, this was a nice conversation and all, but I have somewhere to be and someone to kill," I whispered the last part but obviously he heard it.

"I came here to get my mate which means I am not leaving without you," he said in a different voice that took me by surprise. It was deeper and rough and was one that belonged to a powerful being. 

His wolf was trying to take control.