Chapter 2: Acquainting

Shan Yu visited the next village, only to intimidate every villagers there. No one threw anything at him as what happened at the Imperial City, but he did receive a slam on the door in front of his nose. Shan Yu let out a deep sigh and marked the village so that he remembers that he would not come here again.

It took days, sometimes a whole week or so to get to the another village. If he was never hungry or never thirsty, he would be able to get to the next village faster, also with no horse, only thing he can trust is his legs.

Thankfully, whenever he was hungry or thirsty, there were a lot of fruit trees and lakes that he can pick some fruits, hunt some fish, and drink some water. But there was no way to get to the next village faster without a horse.

About one month and a half passed since he left the Imperial City.

A/N: Which sets after the end of Mulan II

He felt somewhat hopeful about the next village he was going to visit, but he prepared to be disappointed. The village was easier to arrive since it was by the river he encountered the first time after leaving the Imperial City. By the time he arrived at the next village, the sun was already falling towards the west direction. As he followed the river, there seemed to be a farm with tall, golden crops. He was able to hear some voices. They sounded happy and pleasant. They were chatting, laughing, and gathering crops happily. Wonder if they'll help me out, Shan Yu thought as he approached to the place where the voice came from.

"So remember in my motivation song I said 'Did they send me daughters when I asked for son?'" Shang asked Mulan while they were both collecting crops. "That's really ironic because you ARE a daughter."

"What am I gonna do without you?" Mulan said as she snickered.

"We were afraid if she was gonna get caught," Mushu said, who was sitting on Mulan's shoulder.

"But you two managed to save China after all," Shang complimented.

"It was only her, she should get the credit," Mushu said.

"You helped too, Mushu," Mulan said. "I may not have done it without you." She seemed to forgave the whole conflict that Mushu caused during their second mission of escorting princesses to Qi Gong. However, they now live in the same village as them with Yao, Ling, and Chien Po.

"They sound so happy," Shan Yu said to himself. He meant to say it in his head but his thought came out of his vocal chords.

"Who's there?!" Mulan reacted by the unfamiliar voice. Shang also stopped what he was doing and looked towards the direction Mulan was looking at.

Out popped Shan Yu. Before Shan Yu was able to say anything, Mulan, Shang, and Mushu took their stance to find him. Cri-kee, who was hiding behind Mushu's back, was still hiding. "Whoa, please," Shan Yu said as he took a step back, flinched by Mulan, Shang, and Mushu's alertness.

"Shan Yu? I thought you were dead," Mulan said. She was freaked out but she stayed calm as she slowly raised her sickle.

"Shan Yu? Me?" Shan Yu asked as he pointed at himself.

"Don't play coy with us!" Shang sternly said as he lifted his rake.

"Let's burn him again! I got this!" Mushu said as he inhaled. Cri-kee squeaked.

"Wait! Please! Listen to me! I'm not here to hurt you!" Shan Yu pleaded. "Please. I'm only here to seek for help."

Despite his deep, barbaric voice, Mulan, Shang, and Mushu was able to hear his innocence. Mulan and Shang slowly lowered their sickle and rake. Mushu swallowed his breath to rid the fire.