Chapter 11: Rescue

After a nice, warm, long bath, he walked to his room, shirtless, just a towel covering the lower half of his body. He dried himself as he closed the door behind him. He dried himself like a middle-aged man. "Whoo!" He exclaimed as he finished drying his hair. Then he dressed in his house clothes. After he gave himself last touch on his house clothes, he walked over to the other side of the room to examine his fur coat, leather clothing, and a bandage that Wang Wei gave him. He stretched out his hand to caress the bandage. I miss that man... Shan Yu thought as his fingers reached the end of the bandage. One day, I'll become successful, and I will go find him, and I will return the favor... Shan Yu's brain was filled with happy thoughts, but then it turned into concern. I just need to hope that he is still alive then... he said himself that he was pretty old and he is almost at the end... He decided to stop worrying and make himself comfortable to call it for a day. 

He realized that he sleeps so comfortably nowadays. He needed to make sure that he wakes up early to prepare breakfast for the Fa Family. Then he planned out what he will do for the rest of the day. Probably pick some pears and peppers because they look good enough to be picked, check up on the rice field to see if there are any weeds, prepare lunch for the Fa Family, sweep the garden, snore... Shan Yu fell into a deep sleep as he was making his plan.

Before the sunrise, Shan Yu was sleeping in his usual position: lying on his left side, cuddling his wrapped blanket, wrapped blanket sticking in between his legs, eyes closed and mouth a little open that a snoring sound exit through it. Then his right eyes slowly started to open. He sat up as he wiped the drool with his right sleeve and stretched his arms straight up as he yawned loudly.

He got himself out of the floor and headed to the bathroom to wash his face with warm water. The warm water warmed his cheek that was cooled by the air while he was sleeping. Then he grabbed a handful of water, gargled with it, spit it out to the area where no one stepped on, blew his nose on his hand, wiped his hand and nose on the water, and threw the water away to wash the bowl and refill it fresh, clean water. After drying his face with a towel, he headed to the kitchen to see what he can serve for breakfast. 

"What to do... what to do..." Shan Yu said to himself with a hand on his chin as he thought about what to fix for breakfast. 

"Well, I'm craving fish, specifically that you cook," Mulan's voice entered the kitchen.

"Oh, good morning, Fa Mulan," Shan Yu greeted as he turned his head towards the direction of where Mulan's voice came from, which was the entrance of the kitchen. 

"You cook fish so right," Mulan requested as she complimented. "Do you think you can catch some and cook some right now?"

"No problem at all," Shan Yu said and immediately stepped outside and returned with a pile of fish in his hands. He stuck all six fish on each stick while Mulan started to fix rice. 

"Need a fire, Shanny?" Mushu offered.

"That would be nice," Shan Yu gladly took the offer. With just one blow, Mushu created a stable fire and Shan Yu placed each stick around the fire. 

"So, Shan Yu, do you have any plans today?" Mulan asked as she closed the lid of the pot so that the rice can cook. 

"Probably pick some pears and peppers because they look good enough to be picked, check up on the rice field to see if there are any weeds, prepare lunch for the Fa Family, sweep the garden, water the plants," Shan Yu listed. "And if there are anything else I can help with, I'll be glad to help."

"I think that will be enough," Mulan said. "Shan Yu, you're working too hard. You need to have some relaxation sometimes."

"I'll... take a break in between," Shan Yu mentioned so that Mulan will not worry about him. "What about you? What are your plans with Li Shang?"