Chapter 17: Regret

"Your majesty," Tudunshi called as he bowed.

"What is it?" Shan Yu asked.

"There is one prisoner missing," he reported.

"That must be Fa Mulan," Shan Yu said. "I sent her out to the mission so that she can get me the doctor I need. If she does not come back in two days, then I would torture every single prisoner who has connections with her."

"I see, your majesty," Tudunshi answered. "Forgive me, your majesty, I did not know."

"It's fine. And you see? I told you and rest of the crew that those prisoners will be useful for me one day," Shan Yu said with an evil grin. "I also have prepared a special room just for her. There's no way she'll reject her new job when I threaten her with people she loves. She'll have to pay after ruining my first attempt to take over China." He chuckled. In the special room, he had ropes, whips, scarves, light robes, blankets, 

... and other things he needed for certain pleasure... 

********

Mulan knocked on one of the doors with the light still on. One old lady opened the door. "Goodness gracious, it's Fa Mulan! What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you know where a doctor named 'Wang Wei' lives?" Mulan asked.

"Yes, he should live over there," the old lady answered as she pointed at one of the lit houses.

"Thank you so much!" Mulan said as she bowed.

"No problem. Is someone sick?" The old lady asked.

"Yes, and he's the only one who can cure," Mulan answered.

"I wish the best," the old lady said.

"Thank you, once again," Mulan bowed once more. The old lady bowed back. Mulan headed towards the house where the old lady pointed at.

Mulan took a gulp and a small, silent breath before she knocked on the door. Xiao Dan opened the door. "Oh, Fa Mulan! It's you!"

"We meet again, Xiao Dan," Mulan greeted. They both bowed at each other.

"What are you doing so late at this hour?" Xiao Dan asked.

"Someone's sick and they need to see your father, please," Mulan said. "Your father is the only one who can cure the sickness."

"How much time does the person have?" Xiao Dan asked.

"I mean, it wouldn't kill him," Mulan said. "But he's in pain and he needs and deserves help."

"Is it all right if he can go early in the morning tomorrow?" Xiao Dan asked.

"Yes, yes, of course," Mulan replied.

"Why don't you come in here and have some warm tea and porridge?" Xiao Dan offered as she opened the door wider so that Mulan can enter. "You can also spend the night here."

"Thank you," Mulan said. When she entered the house, it was very warm, cozy, and she would fall asleep immediately if she lied down. "May I skip the tea and porridge?"

"Are you sure?" Xiao Dan asked. "Would you like them tomorrow morning?"

"Please," Mulan said.

"Father, this way," Xiao Dan called and Wang Wei entered.

"Fa Mulan? What brings you here?" Wang Wei asked.

"Someone's sick and you need to treat him," Mulan said desperately. "Please, you're the only one who can treat him."