Eleven (eats Eggos.) ((Ooh, alliteration!))

Harry woke up on the day of the second task blissfully peacefully. Then, reality crashed down upon him and he began to freak. He stumbled out of the bed, getting tangled up in the green satin sheets. He tripped over the sheets and fell to the floor with a yelp. "Draco!" He called. No one answered him. He huffed and stared at the upside down door. "Draco!" "He's not here." Blaise grinned at the flustered Gryffindor as he leaned casually against the doorjamb. "He got called out by McGonagall earlier this morning. You look a little tied up." Harry scowled at him from his upside down position hanging off the bed, trussed up in the green satin bedsheets. "I do not appreciate your humour." He said dryly. Blaise smirked. "I know. That's what makes it funny." Harry growled at him. "Just help me out of here."

The amused Slytherin helped him out of the sheets, snickering all the while. What? He couldn't not laugh at that. Harry scrambled up from the floor with a huff and fixed his pyjamas, very aware of the fact that he was only wearing flimsy cotton pyjama bottoms. "Why did McGonagall want Draco?" He questioned with a narrow eyes. Blaise shrugged. "Who knows?" He said simply. Harry frowned before his expression smoothed out as he let go of the mysterious reason as to why his Year Head had called on Draco. He yawned and Blaise began to walk back out the door. He hesitated in the doorway, throwing an expressionless glance back at Harry. "Good luck today." He said monotonously, while inside a slight tingle of worry niggled at him.

Harry smiled back at him, pleased with the small show of fondness. It's not that he and Blaise didn't get along, it was more that the two felt awkward having suddenly been found in a situation where the Prince of Slytherin tolerated, even loved, a Gryffindor and the animosity between the two houses was suddenly gone. It was unusual to say the least.  Blaise nodded awkwardly, feeling strange and walked out the door. Harry sighed and began to pull on his clothes, very carefully closing and locking the door first. He didn't want Blaise or someone else walking in while he was fully naked. Or even semi naked. Gah.

He bolted out the door as soon as he was finished. As he sped by Blaise, the dark haired Slytherin looked up from his book with a raised eyebrow. "In a hurry?" He asked with a hint of a smirk. Harry just rolled his eyes. "I need to get to the second task." He explained shortly. Blaise nodded and went back to his book. Harry paused by the door, feeling awkward. "You, uh, you not going to watch the task?" Blaise shook his head, and Harry frowned, a twinge of disappointment in his chest. "Oh, ok." He shrugged. "I know you'll do good." Blaise muttered. Harry grinned and gave a two fingered salute before walking out the door. Blaise rolled his eyes and went back to his book with a huff.

As he made his way down to the Great Lake, many people wished him luck and Fred and George even heckled him to make a bet, winking at him and joking all the while. Harry nodded them all away, nerves beginning to get to him. He clutched the Gillyweed tightly in his hand. He tried to take deep breaths. The butterflies raging in his stomach grew wilder as the lake grew closer. His gaze roamed over the people in the stands, disappointed and slightly worried when he didn't spot Draco. He bit his lip but continued to make his way to his stands. However before he could make it there, Ludo Bagman strolled up to him hurriedly with a beaming smile.

As the ex-Beater came closer, Harry noticed the sweat dotting his brow and the slight manic edge to his smile. "Harry!" He cheered, and dropped a heavy arm over his shoulders. The young boy buckled a bit but managed to hold up under the unexpected weight. "Now, Harry, are you okay?" He asked curiously. "Cutting it a little bit close aren't we, arriving this late?" He guffawed as Harry shuffled awkwardly under his arm, still searching the crowd for that familiar head of white blond hair. "I'm fine." He said absent mindedly. Ludo frowned in concern. "Are you sure? If you don't have a plan, I have a couple of ideas..." Harry glanced at him sharply, suspicion niggling at him. Ludo noticed his suspicious gaze, and began to panic slightly. "I have a plan, Mr.Bagman." Harry said confidently. Ludo blinked anxiously. "You're sure? I mean, I have some tips and-" Harry stepped backwards, letting Ludo's arm fall off his shoulder. "I have a plan." He repeated, in a much more confident tone of voice than he actually felt. "I should probably get to the stands. Can't be late can I?"

And with that parting comment and a slight smile he left a panicked Ludo behind and made his way to his place below the stands. He caught Cedric's eye and nodded with a tight lipped grimace. The golden haired Hufflepuff nodded back, equally as uptight. Harry sighed and gazed out at the lake. The weak sunlight glinted off the murky uninviting water, making the champions unable to see into the already opaque liquid. He couldn't help but imagine all the horrible beasts that lurked under the seemingly innocent lake surface. In his panicked and absent state of mind he vaguely heard the start of the second task being announced. Around him, the champions burst into a flurry of activity. Harry stared around blankly as Cedric, Krum and Fleur dove into the water. In his befuddled mind, it finally registered that he needed to move.

He waded through the dark water, shuddering as the icy cold water attacked his entire being, sending slivers of white hot pain through his thinly clothed body. He choked down the slimy Gillyweed, and waited. He waded further in, the pain inducing water reaching the top of his torso now. Whispers began to circulate as people watched the Gryffindor champion do apparently nothing in the water. Harry heard the judging hushed conversations as a dim buzz. He waited desperately for something, anything to happen. It had to work. It couldn't not work, he had to win this, he can't fail this task. He wrapped his arms around his shivering body, on the verge of tears.

Then his neck itched. And began to burn. His throat began to close up and the crisp fresh morning air became unbearable poison attacking his eyes, nose, everywhere. His knuckles and feet began to burn with the same pain, his bones almost shattering under the pressure. He clasped a hand to his neck as the pain became almost unbearable, fingernails scrabbling at the skin as his back bowed under the intense burning. Gasping like a fish out of water, he collapsed into the cold water, writhing in pain. As he became submerged in the previously unbearable water, the pain subsided and he began to breathe properly. Clutching his neck, his fingers drifted over thin raised bumps in his skin. His eyes bulged in his face as he realised what had happened. He had grown gills! Oh he was so going to get Draco back for not mentioning this.

He glanced around at the waving seaweed, newfound confidence and determination welling up inside him. He could do this. And he could win. He would win. With a sharp kick of his flippers, he sped off into the gloom surrounding him.

Whoo! Sorry that took so long to write guys! I will have part two up soon, with lots more action!! Hope you enjoyed reading this, please comment and vote, I love hearing from you all. Thanks for reading and getting us up to so many views, like come on!