k

dear andrew,

i'm writing to you before the classes start. good luck at lit today! i know u hate speaking (fuckin same) but i know u'll be v astonishing with ur piece!! i believe in u sire ❤️

ur #1 hypeperson,
unknoWn/anonymous

//

The school bell had rung, signalling the start of classes. Andrew had just read the content of the note that was stuck on his locker, giving him a little bit of motivation for the poem recitation that is to come.

"Why is the W capitalized...", he thought once he noticed. "Is this supposed to be a clue or are they just messing with me?" He decided that he probably shouldn't focus on this information and rather just focus on his upcoming recitation.

Their teacher had asked them to recite a self-written poem about anything they want, and Andrew hates public speaking, hence he knew this wouldn't end well.

Literature was his first subject, so he went ahead and caught up with the rest of his class.

//

GARRETT'S POV

"Okay, Siwicki, you may sit down. Next, Watts."

I was slightly surprised by the sound of my surname being called. I really do not want to recite this poem, but I know I had to. For my own sake. I don't think I'm keeping sane if I don't. I stoop up and went in front of my class.

"Um, my poem is.. Uh... About...", I stuttered out of nervousness. I saw the redhead look at me expectantly, making him even more nervous than I already was. It's okay, Garrett, you can do this! I sigh and gulp.

"...Just listen, I guess."

"You." I pause for a second, trying not to look at him. I try to regain my confidence by taking a deep breath.

"How do you do that?
I shouldn't be but I am in love with you.

You.
What would you do?
I shouldn't but I want to tell you.

You.
Did you know?
I shouldn't but you are all I am hoping for.

You.
You are the reason.
You shouldn't but you are.

You are the reason angels are singing their songs.
You are the reason neons are glowing their posts.
You are the reason organs play their notes.
You are the reason nets have their holes."

I spot his eyes among the crowd's, suddenly feeling motivated to finish this.

"Angels sing their songs.
Neons glow their posts.
Organs play their notes.
Nets have their holes."

I smile towards him.

"You shouldn't be... but you are the reason."

Applause is what I hear after I finish my poem.

"Watts, take your seat. You all did great today, I am pretty impressed!", Ms. Apple says, followed by the school bell.

"Oh. Well, class is hereby dismissed."

I, along with my classmates, fix my things quickly. After doing so, I carry it with me. I spot Andrew going towards the exit, talking to his group of friends.

I decide to go ahead as well. I wait until lunch to give him another note.

//

dear andrew,

notice anything yet?

hope not lmao,
unknownymous

//

did you notice anything?? ;) ehehe
++i know the poem is fucking ugly i did it while i was waiting for a ride home HDHHDHFHJD