c

Andrew was excitedly waiting for the mystery man to show up. He was so excited that he went to the school's auditorium even before the event's actual call time.

His giddiness was very apparent, he was literally shaking, and the coldness of the air conditioner was just perfect to top that all off.

The competition was about to start, and he still didn't have anyone approach him. He was starting to think that the anonymous had decided against meeting him or he had forgotten about the event.

"Um, h-hey."

He felt someone slowly poke him and whisper softly.

"......Hi?", he replied, slightly shocked with the sudden human interaction.

Stood in front of him was a tall man with strawberry blond hair and blue eyes. After getting a good lock, Andrew recognized him as Garrett Watts, who he shares dance and literature class with. He was cute, Andrew knows a good-looking man when he sees one.

"It's me. I'm... the..."
"You're the..?"
"Yeah."
"Oh."

Oh.

It all made sense now.

The W, the blue eyes thing, the dance and literature classes motivations....

"Yeah...", Garrett replied in a coy tone. "I'm sorry... if you don—"

"No. It's just... wow. Come and seat beside me?", Andrew said as if asking for the blond's permission while patting the seat beside him.

"Oh. No problem.", Garrett sat beside Andrew, his heart threatening to escape his ribcage.

"So... since when?", Andrew was genuinely curious. He never would have guessed that a boy, moreover, Garrett Watts, would have a crush on someone like him.

"Ever since I saw you, I guess. It was more of a happy crush, but I... developed feelings and I guess there's that."

"I literally thought that you were straight."

"Well, you thought wrong, sis." Andrew laughed. "Same."

//

The competition had already started, and it was 4 out of 9 groups in. The 4th dance troupe had just finished their piece, and everybody was waiting as the 5th troupe prepared for their stage. The stage had been propped with tables with white tablecloth on them,  chandeliers were put up to the ceiling, purple lighting was set and the two performers, dressed in marriage attire, were getting ready for their dance.

Once the music blared off the speakers, the performers took off the stage and started dancing in andante.

The dance was not only done romantically but also elegantly. The way they hold hands, the tension between them, the eye contact, everything made them seem real, and it made the audience fall in love.

While the people of the audience were watching and were being mesmerized by the performance, Andrew looked over to Garrett.

The latter's attention was still on the performance, completely entranced by it. The stage light's purple had struck him, it bounced off his glasses and his eyes glistened the very same purple.

Right then and there, Andrew was mesmerized, the same way that everyone found the performance was. Beautiful, elegant, perfect.

And the sight of him, so happy, so bright, is enough to make Andrew's heart beat a million miles per hour.

"Garrett."

With his call, the other turned to him.

"I'm thankful that I'm here right now. With you."