a.

The iridescence of the fairy lights, the succulents and and the calming atmosphere of the restaurant welcomed Garrett and Andrew as they entered the vicinity. It was their fourth date in general, about a few weeks after their chicken date. For tonight, Andrew insisted they come here not only for the sole beauty of the place, but also because the food was simply palatable.

"What do you think?" Andrew curiously asked. He had recommended the restaurant after all, he needed to know whether Garrett found it as visually pleasing as it is.

"It certainly is homey. It's very calmingly pretty!", the other said quite enthusiastically. He himself loved calmer places, so this was perfect.

"You're calmingly pretty.", Andrew mumbled, smiling proudly because of his pick-up line.

"Wow, thanks.", Garrett replied with a sarcastic tone in addition to him rolling his eyes. In contrast of his tone, however, was the boy's blushing face.

"Let's find ourselves a seat?", Andrew suggested, which Garrett agreed on.

They finally found a table for them to sit on. Andrew, being the gentleman that he was and for being the host of tonight's date, pulled out a chair for his partner.

"Gee, thanks. Couldn't have done that myself.", Garrett said sarcastically yet again, whilst hiding his gratitude all the same.

"You're welcome.", Andrew laughed, then taking a seat of his own, in front of his date. "What would you like order? The menu's right there in front of you.", he then points to said menu, "Choose anything you like. My treat.", he added.

"That's not fair. You already paid for the last date. And the first one. Let me pay for this? Please?", Garrett practically pleaded. He felt bad, guilty, even, that Andrew paid for most of their dinner dates, that it always had to be Andrew's expenses. For tonight, he wanted to pay for both their food. He had enough money for he was saving, so it wouldn't be a problem.

"I'm afraid I have to say no. I'll be paying since I was the one to suggest today's venue.", Andrew declined.

Garrett decided not to argue anymore. If he learned anything about Andrew in the past few dates, it was that he was extremely persistent. "If and only if you let me suggest the next restaurant we eat at."

"Who said there will be a next?", Andrew joked (which Garrett did not find funny at all).

"Sorry. Of course there will be a next."

"And you'll let me pay for our food.", Garrett abruptly added.

"I hear something but I choose to ignore it.", Andrew joked. "Kidding. Yes, king, you'll pay. Now order your food, cutie."

//

Hours had passed and the two of them still had not finished blabbering with each other through their food (even though they were already full). From the looks of their faces, they both seemed to have a lot of fun just chatting and munching the great food from the restaurant.

Once they decided they were too full for their digestive system to even manage to function, they (if they meant Andrew Siwicki) paid for their bill and exited the restaurant. Outside the restaurant still settled the fairy lights and the calming atmosphere. There were benches near the area, so they decided to sit there, not wanting to part ways just yet.

Andrew took a quick glance at Garrett's face. He made that a habit during the past few dates. Seeing Garrett's face illuminate in a beautiful lighting made his heart do a hundred jumping jacks per second, and proclaimed the sight as his favorite thing ever. With the fairy lights everywhere in the area, he figured it would be the perfect sight. And he was right.