b

The dance competition had just finished, and everyone was forced to leave the venue immediately. Garrett and Andrew, along with the rest of the crowd, had abided to the order. Once they were out, they were both headed home.

"Tonight was great. Thank you, Garrett.", Andrew said, his smile proving just how happy he was today.

"No, thank you. For not pushing me away."

"If I had pushed you away, then I would have made a mistake.", he cheekily replied, making Garrett blush.

"Anyways, thank you again for today. I look forward to the next date."

"Today was a date?", Garrett gasped.

"It wasn't?"

"Oh. I guess it was, then. I mean, technically it is. I'm sorry, I'm being annoying.", Garrett rambled.

"No need to be sorry. It's cute anyways, you rambling."

"Stop making me blush.", Garrett uttered.

"Stop being cute first.", Andrew replied with a smirk.

"How about let's go home?", Garrett suggested, hoping that Andrew says sure (just because he doesn't want him to see the red mess that he is right now). But he also kind of wants to spend more time with the redhead, but that would be asking for too much.

"Alright. Thank you, Garrett. I'll see you around, preferably not as an anonymous person who writes cute shit to me. Not like I don't like that, I just like this so much more.", Andrew took hold of both of Garrett's hands and smiled to him, looked at him with so much admiration.

"Noted. Get it?", both of them chuckled.

"Now, bye. For real.", Andrew deadpanned. They have been saying bye to each other for... how many times now?

"Yeah. Bye. See you!", Garrett turned to his way home and started walking until Andrew came up to him.

"Wait!"

"What is it?"

Andrew then gave the taller boy a kiss on the cheek, signifying his gratitude for the events of today.

"Be careful on your way home.", Andrew had said after kissing his cheek, smiling towards Garrett.

"Y-yeah. You t-too.", Garrett awkwardly replied, thinking this world, wherever he is, is not real and is a manifestation of his dreams.

Andrew waved him goodbye and he waved back. Then, Garrett turned to his way again and started heading home. Not until his stomach rumbled so loudly everyone could possibly hear since it was quiet, considering everyone else except them had left the vicinity. He heard a chuckle from behind him, and he turned, again, to where he came from and saw Andrew still there, a wide smile on his face.

"Why are you still there?", Garrett questioned, since they have told each other to head home already.

"I wanted to see you go home safe.", Andrew admitted. He wanted to make sure the boy was on his way before he himself went back home.

"You....want to grab some food first?", Andrew suggested. After hearing Garrett's stomach practically beg for some food in it, he figured the other might need it.

"I don't have a lot of money with me right now, so it's chill. I'll eat when I'm back home. Bye!", Garrett waved to Andrew, really urgently wanting to come home since he was hauntingly hungry.

"I'll pay. We can go anywhere you want.", Andrew offered. Truth be told, he didn't want to come home just yet. He wanted to spend more time with Garrett, but he was too anxious to ask, and the other didn't tell him of his wants to spend more time with him, so he just didn't bring it up.

"Oh, no. I couldn't ask you to do that. Not after everything that's happened today. You've done too much for me. I'll just eat at home, I promise.", Garrett insisted, feeling shy and flattered at the same time. His crush is asking him to eat with him, outside, his treat, and he automatically decides that this is the best day to ever exist in his entire years of living.

"It's no problem with me. Look... I really, really want to spend more time with you. And you really, really need to eat. So, let's go somewhere near and delicious, and after that, I'll pay, willingly at that, and then we both head our own ways. Sound good?", Andrew proposed, hoping that Garrett accepts his offer (because he can see the poor boy's suffering behind his eyes. He wants some food and Andrew knows it).

Garrett thought it through. If he joins Andrew, he would have food, free food, anything he wants. It's somewhere near and delicious, and that sounds like heaven to him right now. Not to mention, he'd get to spend time with Andrew, making the future experience worthwhile for him already.

"Alright."

//

Garrett, with Andrew seated in front of him, had finally gotten to fill his stomach with some food. He was delightfully eating, munching the fried chicken he ordered with passion.

Andrew felt that soft, warm, fuzzy feeling again when he saw Garrett so happy with his food. A smile on the other's lips, along with the crinkles by his eyes. It seemed surreal, but Andrew would do anything to make Garrett feel contented like that anytime.

"Garrett, you liking your food?"

Garrett stopped chewing and swallowed his food. Then, he nodded his head in acknowledgement.

"Very much so. Thank you so much for this.", Garrett shoved another piece of chicken thigh in his mouth. Andrew laughed at the sight of his cheeks full. He thought Garrett looked ridiculous and adorable at the same time.

"No problem. Anything for you.", he smiled to the other, earning a smile back from Garrett.

"Have some too. These are sooo good.", Garrett insisted, grabbing one of the chicken thighs and giving it to Andrew.

"Fine."

Andrew took a bite of it.

"Whoa.. This is actually good!"

"Didn't I tell you so?", Garrett replied with an 'I told you so' shrug.

Accompanied by small talk and mutual smiles, they continued eating until they were full.

//

"Thank you so much for the free food, Andrew. That was really fantastic.", Garrett babbled, still feeling flustered about literally everything that has happened in the span of hours.

"It was not a problem at all. Thank you for today too.", Andrew answered, feeling shy all the same.

"What do you say we go on anoth–"

"Yes. Yes please.", Andrew chuckled at the taller's answer. Not because he found it funny but because that mean he would get to have much more time alone with Garrett in the next few days.

"Alright. I'll update you on when?", he suggested.

"Yeah. Sounds great."

"Alright, bye! See you!", Andrew then waved Garrett a goodbye.

"See you!", Garrett waved back.

He finally walked his way home but realized he had forgotten something.

"Andrew!", he called out to the other.

"Hmm?", the latter turned back around, now facing Garrett's way.

Garrett made his way closer to Andrew, and once he was at reach, he gave the shorter boy a kiss on the cheek.

"Stay safe on your way home.", Garrett grinned, his face warm due to his actions.

They, for real this time, went their way home, thinking of the other as they walk towards their abode.