Chapter 2 Destiny

"Are you ever coming out of there Ellie " Ellie's father called from the hallway. Ellie pinned up another stubborn blonde curl and stood up looking herself over in the gown. She looked like an actual princess. She smiled and walked out of her room. Everett took a moment to collect himself before he spoke.
"You look just like your mother." He said with tears in his eyes. Ellie wiped away his tears and kissed him on the cheek.
"I don't know how I'll ever be able to thank you enough for doing this for me." She sighed.
"Don't worry about that. Just go and enjoy your night."

"How am I getting there?" Ellie asked.
"Ah, alas I have one more surprise for you. Davis helped with this one." He smirked and led Ellie outside. Ellie gasped as she set her eyes on the beautiful carriage. She giggled at Davis sitting upon it ready to lead the horse, which happened to be her horse, Nova, an all black horse save for an oddly shaped splotch of white on her forehead that resembled a Star. Davis turned to look at her and nearly fell from the carriage.
"El.. you.." he sputtered out
"Beautiful isn't she?" Everett asked with a proud smile. Davis gave a quick nod.
"I can't believe you actually decided to help with this misadventure Davis." Ellie grinned.
"Well, I figured maybe if you finally go and see that its not all its cracked up to be, you'd get your bloody head out of the clouds." Davis rolled his eyes.
"Sure." Ellie quipped. "Where did you get the carriage?" She asked with a laugh.
"Best not to ask questions, princess." Davis winked. Everett handed Ellie the invitation and her mask which she tied on securely. Everett helped her into the carriage.
"Keep an eye on her Davis." He said firmly. "If you see a spot of trouble, get her home as fast as you can."
"What kind of trouble?" Ellie asked.
"You never know with these Royals. Just be careful." He smiled and waved her off as Davis signaled the horse to start moving.

"Alright, as your father said, you never know what is going to happen with these royal folk, so if anything looks like it going wrong you come find me, instantly." Davis said. "Understood?"
"Yes Davis, I understand please may I go now? I hear the music!" Ellie grinned ear to ear looking up at the palace. Being this close to it was thrilling, it was much bigger than she thought it was.
"Go." Davis chuckled. "I'll keep Nova company. But I will be checking in, so keep yourself out of trouble." Davis smirked.
"I never find trouble." Ellie returned his smirk as she hurried away up to the palace doors.
"That's a bold faced lie if I'd ever heard one.." Davis muttered and looked at Nova. "This is a bad idea. I know it is.." He sighed and shook his head. "El is living like a princess and i'm out here talking to a bloody horse.." He mumbled.

Ellie walked up to the guards at the palace doors and handed one of them her invitation.
"Name." The guard said looking on a list.
"Name?" Ellie asked confused. Her father never mentioned she'd have to provide her name.
"To make sure you are on the list." The guard sighed.
"List? Oh.. well my na-" She started but was caught off.
"There you are my love." a man with dark hair and scruff smiled at her. She couldn't see all the details of his face because of the mask he wore but she could see his eyes and Gods were they beautiful. He wore a long brown coat lined with black, and gold buttons and a white shirt under that his trousers were black as were his boots
"Oh, forgive me your highness." The guard said and quickly bowed to Ellie. 
Your highness? Ellie thought as the man who had just obviously mistakenly called her his love offered his arm.
"My apologies." The guard said to other man this time. "Congratulations on your engagement." he bowed. 

Engagement?? Oh Gods this is the Prince! Prince Killian, and He thinks I'm Princess Emma! Ellie mentally screamed.
"What are you waiting for Swan?" Killian asked still holding out his arm. Ellie knew she shouldn't have, but she took his arm and he lead her into the palace. Ellie tried to contain her squeals of excitement as she stepped inside and looked around. It was more beautiful than she could ever imagine.
"Are you alright Emma? You haven't said a word and you are practically shaking." Killian said with concern in his tone. Ellie just gave him a nod and a smile as he lead her into the ballroom.
"Are you sure lo-" Killian started.
"Your highness, the people are waiting for you to lead the first dance." Killians advisor said.
"Aye. Come on Swan." Killian grinned as he led the two of them into a dimly lit ballroom the candles created the most beautiful romantic glow Evynne had only read about in books. Killian felt her tense.
"I know you get nervous about dancing Love, just follow my lead." He winked.

Ellie nearly froze when she looked around at all of the people who were watching them. Every part of her knew this was wrong, and she should tell him that he had the wrong person but she was absolutely terrified of what may happen if she revealed that now with all eyes on them. She didn't want to embarrass the prince.
"Swan you are starting to make me nervous with your silence." Killian whispered as he faced her.
"Sorry.." Ellie whispered hoping that her voice wouldn't give her away. "I'm nervous."
"I can tell darling." Killian smiled. "Eyes on me. Don't look at them, look at me." He said as he pulled her close. Ellie's breath caught in her throat. Her chest heaved against his and he held her hand tightly as the music started. He began to sway the two of them around the ballroom floor with grace and elegance, and Ellie hardly had to move at all. She did as he said and kept her eyes on his. Her heart was pounding so hard in her chest she thought she'd pass out.
"Easy." Killian whispered his voice nearly made her melt. She'd never felt anything like this before and she was so overwhelmed with everything her eyes started welling over.
"Swan?" Killian asked concerned.
"I..I'm fine. I'm just happy." Ellie whispered.

Killian himself, didn't understand what was happening. He knew he loved Emma, however he was never sure whether that love extended beyond their friendship, but here..in this moment he'd never felt quite like this before. His heart felt like it would explode as he moved them around the dance floor to the music, and he knew there were over 100 people watching them, but the only other person he saw in the room was the woman in front of him. The music began to slow down.

Ellie noticed the music slowing down as Killian twirled her around. She stumbled a little and he pulled her back to keep her from falling as the music came to a stop. Ellie could hardly catch her breath. She was shaking but so was he. Their eyes were locked and Ellie was nowhere near prepared when Killian suddenly dipped her and pressed his lips to hers.
Ellie felt like her entire being was lit on fire, but in the best way possible. He curled his fingers into her hair deepening the kiss. Evynne couldn't even think about what was happening. The gravity of this situation she didn't know what was going to happen now but she knew that she never wanted him to let go.

Killian and Emma had kissed a couple times before but it had never felt like this explosion of raw passion that he was feeling right now. If he could stay like this forever in this moment he would. The kiss felt true, and real as if destiny had just put a big flashing sign saying: This is it! Right in front of him.
People were whispering and gasping. Killian thought it was just because of the sudden kiss until..
"Killian?" Emma asked with confusion in her tone. That wasn't possible, how was she speaking if he was kissing her?

Killian adjusted himself and Ellie and pulled away. Ellies fingers brushed her lips as she stood trembling looking around at all of the confused people and Princess Emma, who had removed her mask. She didn't look angry, but she did look confused..maybe amused? It was hard to tell. Her eyes went back to Killian who had removed his mask as well. God he was even more beautiful now that she could see his whole face.
"W...who are you?" He stammered and reached for her but she backed away.
"I..I'm so..so sorry. I have to go." Ellie said and turned around to run. Killian grabbed her wrist.
"No, wait!" He said but she pulled her wrist free from his grasp and her charm bracelet broke off into Killian's hand as she ran out of the palace too afraid to look back.
She ran outside and down the steps.
"Please! Wait!" She heard behind her she knew it was Killian but she refused to turn around. She couldn't. She ran down to where Davis had the carriage waiting.
"We have to go!" She said frantically.
"What's wrong??" Davis asked holding her shoulders.
Ellie pulled away from him and climbed into the carriage.
"Hurry!" She said. Davis signaled Nova to go, and fast. Ellie looked behind her at Killian trying to catch up but to no avail.
"Was that the bloody prince? Ellie Thomas what have you done?!" Davis asked.
"Just.. take me home.." Ellie said as a tear rolled down her cheek, watching the palace get further and further away.