A Conversation

Vern got away from Starscream's boot by rolling to his side, getting up as fast as a person with a broken nose could. You and Starscream watched him moves; you're frozen with fear while Starscream with boredom on his eyes. Once Vern saw Starscream's uniform, he jabs an index finger to you, "They punched me out of nowhere."

Before you could holler your disagreement upon Vern's accusation, Starscream fished out a smartphone from his pocket, showing Vern the screen, "Really? But, my good sir, the evidence here agrees to disagree with you."

On the screen, there's a scene where Vern punched you first in your gut, man-handled you onto the ground and starting to ripping off your clothes. The video is shown to be 2 minutes long, and Starscream puts it back into his pocket before Vern had the chance to snatch it away.

"When you're asked," Starscream continued, casually tidying his tie as he speaks, "just say you fell and hit a rock near this waterfall by your own mistake. Mention mine or (Y/N)'s name and Soundwave will make that video would have gone viral within seconds."

Vern's neck muscles are tightening from anger, gritted teeth and bloodied face only make him more and more looked like to a runaway mental hospital patient. His fists are balled tight, and for a second you thought he'd pounce the Co-Captain.

And he did.

You didn't exactly see how did it happen, but you managed to see Vern jumped and aimed for Starscream, roared like a desperate man he is, but Starscream fucking bitch-slapped him to the ground, like how you would swat a fly coming to your face.

Should you help him, again? Vern might be just one person, but you've tasted his strength and hidden craze; Starscream might need some help.

The Co-Captain saw your concern, and you see his mouthed 'I got this' before round-house kicked Vern, sending him straight to the ground again. Starscream didn't let Vern get up, quickly grabbing him by the neck and send a punch to his face.

Vern fell on his butt, and Starscream never let him back on his feet. The Co-Captain rolled up his sleeve and punched Vern again before he could even have lifted his upper body, and again, and again, and again.

It's like you're back to the ship again; when the guests are trying to molest the performers, in a big, dark room with strange music blasting in the background. Surreal and confusing—you're unable to move as the Co-Captain punched Vern, hard enough to let you hear what kind of sound bones would make when they're hitting a skull. Starscream does that with a straight face and thin lips, as if he merely trying to drain a wet cloth instead inches away from erasing someone's chance to see the sunlight again.

"Stop," you found yourself whispered, despite the hot bite and claw marks Vern left on your chest, and the ringing noise on the back on your head from how hard Vern slammed your head to the ground. "Stop!" you repeated, a little louder this time, but Starscream didn't stop. Vern's movement is getting less and less visible, and Starscream looked too calm for someone who's punching the life out of another person at the moment.

Mustering all energy, you moved to stop another punch from Starscream, holding his fist before it could land another hit. Starscream's knuckle is hard and bruised, felt cold against your palms (because his fist is as big as both of your palms) and the owner turns to you with a question in his calm face. His perfect eyebrow arched, one stray from his bang fell on his forehead, another addition to his beautiful face, but the blood on his knuckles prevent you from admiring his picture too long.

Vern is there, laying on the ground with broken nose, bruised face and short breathes. You gulped your saliva at the sight.

You released his fist awkwardly, and the way Starscream pulled it back held no negative meaning towards your earlier act. "Are you planning to kill him?" you asked slowly, as if Vern would wake up and start another fight if he heard you.